Rejecting new car due to dealer misfuel

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As with many others,I've been following your "battle" and eagerly awaited the next installment.   Well done !!!

Just one question, who will be playing you in the film version  - Tom Hanks or Toby Jones ?
  • rigolith
    rigolith Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So in summary, you kept the car and got Hyundai to honour the warranty for the full term. The garage that charged you gave you a refund.

Aren't you worried that Hyundai will blame future failures on this and not honour the warranty?
  • 99iainb
    99iainb Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    rigolith said:
    So in summary, you kept the car and got Hyundai to honour the warranty for the full term. The garage that charged you gave you a refund.

Aren't you worried that Hyundai will blame future failures on this and not honour the warranty?
    Personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them now. But I do have an email from a manager at Hyundai UK saying the full warranty is unaffected. If there are any problems in the future I've taken out RAC legal protection, so I'll just kick it over to them to have the scrap. 

If it was easy as sending the car back I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I've had enough now. The law says it should be but in reality we all know things are very different. 
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    99iainb said:
    Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson  :D

I can't thank the people on here enough for all of their advice, if this had happened pre-internet I'd have stood no chance!

It's a shame it got so far, but that wasn't of my choosing, you reap what you sow I guess. 

He’s so wide he’d never fit the average Hyundai 😂
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    booneruk said:
    I've just read a story in the Telegraph that's very, very similar to OP's story. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is the same story (not sure if I should post the link) :smile:
    Just about to say the same 👍
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure