IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines

Options

Comments

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Right stop thinking when you will receive further letters
    No one will tell when letters will be received.
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Sammy25uk
    Sammy25uk Posts: 47 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi
    Today, i received one letter after , which subject is: " Fore Court Action". Below is the description of the letter:

We are the claimant and are now about to commence legal action against you in order to recover the amount due above as you have failed to settle the debt that is owing or provide a valid reason for non-payment.
    Amount : 160

We refer you to the practice direction for pre action conduct under the civil procedure rules and in particular paragraph 13-16 of the same, which deals with the court powers to impose sanctions for any failure to comply.

We didn't receive any response from you from their last letter. We now require you to pay now within 14 days or provide an acknowledgement of receipt of this letter and a written response within 14 days. The response should provide my full account of the circumstances that led to the charge being imposed and if it was not you driving, include confirmation as to who the driver of the vehicle was at the time of each incident and a current address for service of each driver you name.
    Unless you provide us with a satisfactory response, we will instruct our solicitors ( Gladstone's Solicitors) to commence proceedings against you without further notice in order to recover the amounts due and associated costs.

Euro parking services

This is the gist of the letter. PLs provide a guidance how to proceed with this. I already talked with the landowner, they'll give me response in few days. What if they failed to cancel the pcn, what should i do?

Thanks

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So they're giving you fourteen days to respond.

The second post of the NEWBIES thread tells you that a real Letter Before Claim must give thirty days notice.

I would suggest that you have received nothing more than a debt collectors letter and the fourth post of the NEWBIES thread explains how to deal with those.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Search the forum for

Euro Fore Court action

Seen it before!  :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Search the forum for

Euro Fore Court action

Seen it before!  :D
    The last Fore Court action I saw was at a Caltex filling station here in SA! 😄 ⛽️ 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sammy25uk
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

After going through the discussions, it seems, i shouldn't reply to this, rather i should wait for the 30 days letter. I won't reply to this but what happens, if i don't reply to that 30 days notice letter as well? What's the consequences of it?
  • Grizebeck
    Options
    There are non.....
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sammy25uk said:
    Hi

After going through the discussions, it seems, i shouldn't reply to this, rather i should wait for the 30 days letter. I won't reply to this but what happens, if i don't reply to that 30 days notice letter as well? What's the consequences of it?
    Nothing will happen.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sammy25uk
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Then why people say, don’t pay but don’t ignore the letters? When will they file the court claim & how long i can keep ignoring their letters? 
    Thank you
  • Grizebeck
    Options
    Sammy25uk said:
    Hi

Then why people say, don’t pay but don’t ignore the letters? When will they file the court claim & how long i can keep ignoring their letters? 
    Thank you
    Some letters you do ignore
    You have not received a genuine lbc
    They have up to 6 years in England/ Wales to issue a claim
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback