Hyperjar Cashback offer in MSE email Dec 2023

Options

Comments

• GreenScepter
    GreenScepter Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Well I haven't received the expected cashback from January, not a sausage. Last time they paid out on 14th. Has my little gamble backfired or maybe it will be later this month because of the shortness of February. Better give it until Monday I suppose. Anybody else had anything this month?
    I got some cashback today at 20:39. £2.72, seems about right I think. The unusual time makes me think they're not all being sent out at the same time.
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I haven't received the expected cashback from January, not a sausage. Last time they paid out on 14th. Has my little gamble backfired or maybe it will be later this month because of the shortness of February. Better give it until Monday I suppose. Anybody else had anything this month?

I got paid cashback for January on 15 March 2024, 20:30 and it was the full amount I expected (i.e. it accounted for transactions allowed in the original T+Cs). Very happy with Hyperjar so far :)
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Zopa_Trooper Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah, got mine now. Sweet. I'd spent  a fair bit on holidays so was wondering. Will use the card again now until the end of the month. This was a really good offer.
  • Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah have received mine, I'll have to calculate it but it seems about what I expected really.
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Options
    Correction: I was thinking I'd got until the end of this month but I joined up on 22nd December so I guess I have only got until the 22nd March for the 2.5%.
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March at 12:24AM
    Options
    Correction: I was thinking I'd got until the end of this month but I joined up on 22nd December so I guess I have only got until the 22nd March for the 2.5%.
    The terms do refer to it as a "3 months cashback offer", but also say "The first day of qualifying cashback spend is 12/12/2023 and the last day of qualifying cashback spend will be 31/3/2024."

Might be worth doing any large transactions sooner rather than later, just in case.

My expectation is the cashback rate from 1st April onwards witll be 0% for the people on this thread, unless they tell me otherwise.

• Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Calculated it and I got about £1 less than what I would have expected, but it's not enough to bother thinking about.
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Options
    Can I ask a question, I know the difference is not much.

I have £4000 in a 5.2% account (4.2% from May 18th) which is going towards a holiday which has to be paid in September. Would I be better off withdrawing that money now and paying off some of the holiday with my HYPERJAR card (I'd get £100 cashback at 2.5%) or leaving the money in the account until September to earn interest? I just wondered.
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Options
    drspa44 said:
    The terms do refer to it as a "3 months cashback offer", but also say "The first day of qualifying cashback spend is 12/12/2023 and the last day of qualifying cashback spend will be 31/3/2024."

Might be worth doing any large transactions sooner rather than later, just in case.

My expectation is the cashback rate from 1st April onwards witll be 0% for the people on this thread, unless they tell me otherwise.

Yes, spoke to them today, I joined on 22nd December but the offer is indeed up until the end of March.
  • blitzkrieg333
    blitzkrieg333 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last 3 hours remaining! Any crazy ideas to generate legit cashback according to T&Cs?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback