Hyperjar Cashback offer in MSE email Dec 2023

Comments

• ircE
    ircE Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The main "sign up now" button on the offer's web page is for Apple users... have any fellow Android users managed to use the install via Google Play button lower down the page and get the confirmation that others have posted?
  • ircE said:
    The main "sign up now" button on the offer's web page is for Apple users... have any fellow Android users managed to use the install via Google Play button lower down the page and get the confirmation that others have posted?
    When I signed up on my Android phone I tapped the "sign up now" button (not the Google Play button) which then re-directed me to the Play Store. Though this was while I was actually viewing it on my phone, when I tried it earlier on my Windows computer it opened the Apple App Store instead for some reason. I'm guessing on other devices it just defaults to the Apple App store but I'm not sure. I think for it to track you need to be using the mobile phone you want the app installing on, and then visit the webpage and tap the "sign up now" button. I think the buttons further down have slightly different links so they might not track.
  • ircE
    edited 24 December 2023 at 11:01PM
    ircE said:
    When I signed up on my Android phone I tapped the "sign up now" button (not the Google Play button) which then re-directed me to the Play Store. Though this was while I was actually viewing it on my phone, when I tried it earlier on my Windows computer it opened the Apple App Store instead for some reason. I'm guessing on other devices it just defaults to the Apple App store but I'm not sure. I think for it to track you need to be using the mobile phone you want the app installing on, and then visit the webpage and tap the "sign up now" button. I think the buttons further down have slightly different links so they might not track.

Thanks, and right you are, clicking through on my phone took me to the Google Play link. Signed up and all now. I appreciate I'm late to the party so not expecting to get the confirmation email indicating I'm eligible for the offer...
    ...But if I do, the plan is to only spend a token amount on the digital card by 31st Dec. The cashback should land by 14th Feb. Coincidentally, that's the last day for algbra's 1.5% cashback scheme. So if it all goes to plan, I'll just switch from algbra to HyperJar for spending until 31st Mar (and hope by then yet another company picks up the 1.5% baton!).
  • Well, I've signed up but am a bit wary. If I spend £1,500 with Chase I get £15. With this potentially its £37.50. However if you find out after 45 days you weren't one of the 5,000 you lose £15. Decisions, decisions....
    No, if you spend £1500 in a month then the maximum cashback with this offer is £30. The first £750 of eligible spend receives cashback at 1.5%, eligible spend above that attracts 2.5%.
  • I've now received the email saying I am eligible for the MSE offer. Just stuck £25 in the wallet which once it shows I'll spend £20 on an Amazon voucher. Then need to make a purchase. Is there any limit on the amount you can earn, I think the terms are no longer on this site? I have a £3,000 holiday to pay for so getting £67.50 cashback will be a big bonus. If this all pans out looks like I wont be using CHASE for the next 3 months.
  • I've now received the email saying I am eligible for the MSE offer. Just stuck £25 in the wallet which once it shows I'll spend £20 on an Amazon voucher. Then need to make a purchase. Is there any limit on the amount you can earn, I think the terms are no longer on this site? I have a £3,000 holiday to pay for so getting £67.50 cashback will be a big bonus. If this all pans out looks like I wont be using CHASE for the next 3 months.

The maximum single transaction you can make is £5000. This is also the maximum you are allowed to spend per day.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    I've now received the email saying I am eligible for the MSE offer. Just stuck £25 in the wallet which once it shows I'll spend £20 on an Amazon voucher. Then need to make a purchase. Is there any limit on the amount you can earn, I think the terms are no longer on this site? I have a £3,000 holiday to pay for so getting £67.50 cashback will be a big bonus. If this all pans out looks like I wont be using CHASE for the next 3 months.
    As a matter of interest, roughly how long did it take for the email to arrive (after opening the account)?

I'm still waiting for mine, but don't know when to give up and assume that I didn't qualify for the deal.
  • 7 days but that was over the Christmas period.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    7 days but that was over the Christmas period.
    Thanks. 8 days for me so far, so I guess I should give it a little longer.....
  • ircE
    I applied on Sunday 24th and received the MSE offer confirmation email yesterday evening, Friday 29th. That's 3 days not counting bank holidays.
    I loaded up £5 on the virtual card and spent some today, so now just have to wait until 14th Feb. I haven't fiddled with anything in the app at all - the Jars etc - I suppose I don't need to?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback