• Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Worked for me, now going to use this card until 31 Mar

21 Dec - Made £10 transaction
    14 Feb - Got £0.15
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    itm2 said:
    Does anyone know if there's any way to download a statement or list of transactions from Hyperjar, to make it easier to keep track of spending?

Go to profile > account statement
    Ah - got it. Thanks!
  • itm2
    So I spent £440 in December, and received 95p on Feb 14th. The bulk of the spending was on Hyperjar Amazon  cashback vouchers, which I spent immediately on Amazon. Is this type of spend excluded from the normal 1% cashback offer?
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I spent a few thousand on this card in December, paying large bills in advance, and verified with live chat beforehand that the transactions were eligible. So not at all happy with my £0.29 payout.

Despite being told the full amount would be credited today, nothing has come in, so I will be submitting a complaint tomorrow. Warning others in this thread, there's a high chance you'll be disappointed if you're making any large purchases. I reckon HyperJar didn't expect they'd have to pay out more than a few pence to cardholders.

Will post updates as I get them.
  • Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    itm2 said:
    So I spent £440 in December, and received 95p on Feb 14th. The bulk of the spending was on Hyperjar Amazon  cashback vouchers, which I spent immediately on Amazon. Is this type of spend excluded from the normal 1% cashback offer?

The T&C mentioned that buying vouchers was excluded from what I remember of them yeah. So ironically it was better to use the card to buy Amazon vouchers on jam doughnut or something, lol.
  • Rawrzy said:
    itm2 said:

The T&C mentioned that buying vouchers was excluded from what I remember of them yeah. So ironically it was better to use the card to buy Amazon vouchers on jam doughnut or something, lol.

This is ironically true. Buying vouchers from HyperJar itself was excluded from the cashback spend.

• drspa44 said:
    I spent a few thousand on this card in December, paying large bills in advance, and verified with live chat beforehand that the transactions were eligible. So not at all happy with my £0.29 payout.

Despite being told the full amount would be credited today, nothing has come in, so I will be submitting a complaint tomorrow. Warning others in this thread, there's a high chance you'll be disappointed if you're making any large purchases. I reckon HyperJar didn't expect they'd have to pay out more than a few pence to cardholders.

Will post updates as I get them.
    Thanks for reporting. Please do let us know how the conversation with HyperJar CS goes.

I am yet to see a report of a big payout from HyperJar here on MSE. These are not positive signs!  :(
  • itm2
    Rawrzy said:
    itm2 said:

This is ironically true. Buying vouchers from HyperJar itself was excluded from the cashback spend.

Thanks for confirming. I'm still trying to work out how/when I will see the cashback from the Hyperjar cashback vouchers. For example, I've bought a few "instant cashback" Asda vouchers this year, and used them immediately to pay for online groceries at Asda. This voucher entitles me to "3% to spend at Asda", which is "spent automatically" when I spend at Asda using Hyperjar.
    So I am looking at my Asda cashback (in the "Shops" section of the app). It shows £4.06 in the "Collected Rewards" section, but when I tap on the icon I see "£4.06 Asda cashback" very briefly (for less than a second) before the figure changes to "£1.25 cashback". 
    Has anyone else seen this behaviour, or know what it means?
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    HyperJar sent me an email stating that Bills/Utilities/Insurance are not eligible for cashback so I won't be getting any. In December, I sought clarification from their customer support before spending this money. The CS rep told me in no uncertain terms in December that they would be eligible for cashback. I made them aware of this fact but they did not acknowledge it. They said they would "raise this with our marketing team".
  • blitzkrieg333
    blitzkrieg333 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 February at 3:38PM
    drspa44 said:
    HyperJar sent me an email stating that Bills/Utilities/Insurance are not eligible for cashback so I won't be getting any. In December, I sought clarification from their customer support before spending this money. The CS rep told me in no uncertain terms in December that they would be eligible for cashback. I made them aware of this fact but they did not acknowledge it. They said they would "raise this with our marketing team".
    Well, that's the case with their current offer which runs until 28/08/2024. They have specifically excluded Council Tax & utilities bill payments as part of that offer, but no such exclusion was in place for the MSE offer under which we all enrolled with HyperJar.

Here's a screenshot of the T&Cs of the current HyperJar offer. I have already uploaded screenshot of the exclusions for the MSE offer in a previous post.

Therefore, I would use this information to go back and challenge them. We all placed a lot of faith in HyperJar when they rolled out the MSE offer. They can't go back on their promised cashback now. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback