Hyperjar Cashback offer in MSE email Dec 2023

Options

Comments

• MasterplanC
    Options
    Mh I applied on Dec 22 and haven‘t gotten any email :-( I already bought a Sainsbury gift card and topped up my amazon.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I just got my email, having already bought a £120 Amazon gift card just before Christmas. Hopefully it will count, for the purposes of the £10 reward
  • Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 3 January at 4:02PM
    Options
    Interestingly I've got a random £10 appear in my account before I got any email through about being eligible, I assume that's where the tenner is from anyway, as I should have met the requirements with it. I bought a £20 Amazon voucher, to use on an item and then paid the rest (about a fiver) as it was over £20 on the hyperjar card.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Rawrzy said:
    Interestingly I've got a random £10 appear in my account before I got any email through about being eligible, I assume that's where the tenner is from anyway, as I should have met the requirements with it. I bought a £20 Amazon voucher, to use on an item and then paid the rest (about a fiver) as it was over £20 on the hyperjar card.
    Same here - £10 from Hyperjar appeared in my account on December 29th
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Zopa_Trooper Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me three. Good start.
  • MasterplanC
    MasterplanC Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mh, I finally got their email after I had contacted them about not getting any information so far. Could any of you tell me how your amazon spend was called in the Transactions? I topped up my account balance and it is shown as "Amazon Marketplace", I am not sure whether that would mean I qualify or whether I actually need to make a purchase. Thanks!
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mh, I finally got their email after I had contacted them about not getting any information so far. Could any of you tell me how your amazon spend was called in the Transactions? I topped up my account balance and it is shown as "Amazon Marketplace", I am not sure whether that would mean I qualify or whether I actually need to make a purchase. Thanks!
    Mine shows Amazon Marketplace and the £10 reward was credited the next day. I just bought some staples for 23p

• ircE
    ircE Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 17 January at 2:06PM
    Options
    Just received an email from them to tell me I'm "eligible for cashback on all spending", reiterating the terms of the offer. I suppose this is to give us the confidence to actually use them. I think I would have more confidence in them if my card had arrived...
  • blitzkrieg333
    blitzkrieg333 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ircE said:
    Just received an email from them to tell me I'm "eligible for cashback on all spending", reiterating the terms of the offer. I suppose this is to give us the confidence to actually use them. I think I would have more confidence in them if my card had arrived...
    Same here. Received the email confirming I am eligible for the 1.5%/2.5% cashback.

I want to make good use of this offer but from experience does anyone know if any Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) are excluded from the cashback offer?

Also, I am wary of using them for purchases where I might need some sort of protection against the merchant like S75 or Chargeback. Does anyone know how HyperJar handles chargeback claims.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Zopa_Trooper Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's just the old risk and reward. I've spent a lot via Hyperjar this month to take advantage of the 2.5%, brought forward my projected spending for the next three months. I'll let you know mid March whether my gamble paid off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback