IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Options

Comments

• Lollip456
    Options
    Lollip456 said:
    Reading the informative "Newbies" section I would assume I would use the template for Signage (I deliberately go to town in this section, don't cut it down!):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341

Yeah? Just need to add in the stuff specific to mine - tho the problem is that as u probably realise I myself can get overwhelmed by a bunch of text - so when I do get round to it hope u won't mind if I ask for some more help on what I should add where on that template
    You aren't at POPLA stage. 
    I think I am now as I got the letter back unsurprisingly refusing my appeal from NCP for my 1st PCN.

As you know I've been stressing over this and a bunch of other rotten recent stuff in life and I'm still feeling like I'm going to misunderstand ur advice and muck this up like I muck up so much stuff... It's getting harder for me to not just pay the £120 to make both these PCN's disappear 😰😰😰 
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Just send this if it's non-POFA worded, which you know from comparing your PCN to my NTK pictures thread (no link. It's current, and we don't need to see your NTK, you can check it yourself):

APPEAL:

I have seen no evidence of a contravention nor that this was a single parking event.

As your Parking Charge Notice does not comply with the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (Schedule 4) you are, in law, unable to hold the registered keeper of the vehicle liable for the parking charge. Therefore, I suggest that you contact the driver. As there is no legal requirement placed on the registered keeper to identify the driver, I will not be doing so. 

I require you to cancel the parking charge and remove my personal information from your database.

But I thought from what I already sent of my NTK that it was POFA worded? I thought the only argument I had was that the signage is not clear and thus no contract could be formed?

I haven't still sent anything to NCP appeals regarding my 2nd PCN, which I guess I'm still debating if I do anything different tho I can't see NCP backing down at all regardless 🙈🙈🙈🙈
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As you can see I qualified that advice in my first paragraph.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lollip456
    Options
    errr I don't understand Coupon?
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Since I'm now at POPLA stage, I should copy the template from here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/71285691#Comment_71285691  including the next post starting from "The operator has not shown that the individual..." 

Correct?

Where should I then add on specifics relating to my case?

It was also mentioned before that I shouldn't send any images to POPLA?

I'm terrified of making a mistake here so please continue to bare with my useless state of being 😢
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2023 at 8:20PM
    Options
    I qualified my advice.  You quoted me.

My first paragraph made it clear what I was saying and where you need to check your NTK(s) against.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lollip456
    Options
    I've quoted u several times and you know how confused I get when I really am trying!!

I responded saying that we already checked my NTK and that it seemed fine? So I don't understand why u are talking about comparing it to something????

Please coup could u let me kno about my recent questions as now I have 2 PCN's to manage and im moving along this terrifying treadmill I really need u to be direct and not obfuscate any details, please!!! I can't help my disability getting in my way understanding ur well intended response, sorry 😰😰 
  • Lollip456
    Options
    @Fruitcake any words of wisdom again please?

Time keeps moving and I'm frozen in uncertainty! 
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is a thread started by C-m titled, A thread of Pictures of 2023 parking firm NTKs. It's currently on about page 3 of this forum. It contains images of NTKs from lots of different parking companies, and each post should have a comment to say whether the NTK pictured is or it isn't PoFA compliant.
    Scroll through it until you find the post containing examples of NCP's NTKs and compare the two NTKs you have with the NCP version in that thread.
    You can also compare the NTK with the wording in the PoFA 2012 itself.

To recap, you have two NTKs from NCP for the same car park.
    You have appealed one and it has been rejected. A PoPLA code should have been included in the rejection. That code will last at least 32 days from its issue date.
    You should appeal the second one this week if you haven't already, using exactly the same wording that you used to appeal the first PCN.

Once you have done that, then begin constructing your draft PoPLA appeals that you will use for both PCNs. That way you are less likely to get confused.

I will send you a PM as well.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Lollip456
    Lollip456 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 December 2023 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Thank you @Fruitcake, but I'm still not understanding why I need to the check the NTK when I thought we already did that when I sent a picture of it here?

(Here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6488056/ncp-parking-charge-notice-fine-outside-of-car-park/p5)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback