IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Comments

• Fruitcake said:
    You have redacted the dates on your PCN. We need to see them.
    Sorry!! Always scared what I should/ shouldn't show or say 😖😖😖😖
    No description available
  • The first step like you said is to complain to the retailer but looking at the gov freehold/ leasehold doesn't tell me anything for this to help... so should I just got to step 2 to contact NCP on their website using the template on the forum?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You've read the court section of the NEWBIES thread. You weren't advised to read that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • You've read the court section of the NEWBIES thread. You weren't advised to read that.
    Sorry sorry! I told you I always find a way to muck things up, I promise I'm not trying to be difficult 😞

But on the newbies forum post it does still say to contact the retailer/ landowner, but I think they are the landowner?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    NCP do own some car parks, but not always. Regular @Umkomaas has produced this list that might help, but there is no need to pay for a Land Registry entry at this stage, and you have already done point 9.

1. Google searches
    2. If a retail park, check on any signage which lists the on-site outlets
    3. Ask retailers on the site if there is a managing agent
    4. Ask retailers on the site to whom do they pay rent
    5. Contact the local authority and ask who pays the non-domestic/business rate for the car park (some councils have a spreadsheet on their website)
    6. Contact the local Valuation Office and ask if they know. They often have a website which might provide the information 
    7. Contact The Land Registry and for around £3 they should be able to provide definitive detail
    8. If you haven't already done so, give us the name of the car park/site/location, we may have seen other cases there. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake said:
    NCP do own some car parks, but not always. Regular @Umkomaas has produced this list that might help, but there is no need to pay for a Land Registry entry at this stage, and you have already done point 9.

1. Google searches
    5. Contact the local authority and ask who pays the non-domestic/business rate for the car park (some councils have a spreadsheet on their website)
    6. Contact the local Valuation Office and ask if they know. They often have a website which might provide the information 
    7. Contact The Land Registry and for around £3 they should be able to provide definitive detail
    8. If you haven't already done so, give us the name of the car park/site/location, we may have seen other cases there. 
    on one of the last images of the car park itself it says the car park is "managed by NCP with the authority of the landowner" so does that mean they don't own the land? 😵‍💫
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lollip456 said:
    On one of the last images of the car park itself it says the car park is "managed by NCP with the authority of the landowner" so does that mean they don't own the land? 😵‍💫
    Of course it does. What else could it mean?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Lollip456 said:
    Fruitcake said:

1. Google searches
    on one of the last images of the car park itself it says the car park is "managed by NCP with the authority of the landowner" so does that mean they don't own the land? 😵‍💫
    Yes it does, so you will challenge this at the PoPLA appeal (second appeal) stage as well as many other points including inadequate signage, which I believe will be your strongest and hopefully winning point. All that comes later, and we will guide you through it. 

For now, if you can't identify the landowner, still complain (as keeper) to your MP, citing signage incapable of forming a contract, and appeal the charge on the NCP appeal portal using the template in blue text from the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Well I'm googling but with little idea of what to do besides variations of "who is the landowner of..." I'm not quite sure
  • Surely this can't be the norm nor ever yield any help??? I mean why on earth would a politician for my area car to get involved when I parked on double yellows? It's hardly a winning point as I keep stressing which is why I'm wondering if there's ever been a similar case to mine here that has won...? 😖🙈
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback