IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Comments

• fisherjim said:
    You have many legs to stand on and why would you pay a scam parking invoice to these chancers that don't even comply with their ATA's COP even on entrance signage.....hint there isn't any.
    PPC's tell lies they will say there are numerous clear signs when there isn't you are dealing with idiots that have just hit on a way of skimming cash out of the gullible.
    The ANPR cameras are even in the car park not even in that entrance road that's another lie they told you, don't fall for it, and it is all in the newbies thread no different to any other scenario at all.
    I am still incredibly nervous as to whether I've missed out any important details as I do when im anxious like this...

Please bare with me to get back with more photos beyond the google maps ones just so you can check for me that everything you have said is true

Thank you again for even taking the time and your patience baring with me 💖
    [even if I still don't understand a lot of what you are saying]
  • From what I read up though, I couldn't see any legislation that said ANPR cameras had to be fixed or active at all times...

Could it be they are using this ambiguity to say that a someone with a phone can be classified as an ANPR when doing their infrequent patrols? ... If so that would mean I don't have a leg to stand on aside from not clear signage, which when I take more photos I'm less sure will give me anything to support a claim meaning I will have to cave to these awful business practices 😞😞😰
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lollip456 said:
    Please bare with me...
    Sounds interesting.   ;)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 November 2023 at 10:26AM
    There is no legislation about anpr cameras in the way you are thinking this is an unregulated industry PPC's are not an authority and you do not have a fine.
    They will reject any appeal as acceptance doesn't make money, but at POPLA you only need to prove one failing on their part and you win.
    BPA COP states for example:
    19.2 A standard form of entrance sign must be placed at the
    entrance to the parking area.
    19.4 If you intend to use the keeper liability provisions in
    Schedule 4 of POFA 2012, your signs must give ’adequate
    notice’.
    22.1 You may use ANPR camera technology to manage,
    control and enforce parking in private car parks, as long
    as you do this in a reasonable, consistent and transparent
    manner. Your signs at the car park must tell drivers that
    you are using this technology and what you will use the
    data captured by ANPR cameras for

Keep that all in mind and if you take your own photos turn on the date stamp or they will be rejected.
    GSV is fairly up to date, and PPC's rarely update their signage (that costs money) and from what I can see all over that car park the signage is rubbish.
    Also does the NTK you received comply with the POFA 2012 to be able to hold the keeper liable?

• fisherjim said:
    There is no legislation about anpr cameras in the way you are thinking this is an unregulated industry PPC's are not an authority and you do not have a fine.
    They will reject any appeal as acceptance doesn't make money, but at POPLA you only need to prove one failing on their part and you win.
    BPA COP states for example:
    19.2 A standard form of entrance sign must be placed at the
    entrance to the parking area.
    19.4 If you intend to use the keeper liability provisions in
    Schedule 4 of POFA 2012, your signs must give ’adequate
    notice’.
    22.1 You may use ANPR camera technology to manage,
    control and enforce parking in private car parks, as long
    as you do this in a reasonable, consistent and transparent
    manner. Your signs at the car park must tell drivers that
    you are using this technology and what you will use the
    data captured by ANPR cameras for

Keep that all in mind and if you take your own photos turn on the date stamp or they will be rejected.
    GSV is fairly up to date, and PPC's rarely update their signage (that costs money) and from what I can see all over that car park the signage is rubbish.
    Also does the NTK you received comply with the POFA 2012 to be able to hold the keeper liable?

I am grateful for all of that info but you are still assuming I know all of these terms 😰 What do you mean by NTK? What am I looking for to see if it complies? Should I just upload an image of the letter I was sent for you as you are far better at determining whether it complies or not?

I will take a photo of the signage tomorrow hopefully and send that also for you and others to review and then hopefully help me come to a certain decision about what I should do and how
  • Like it would seem they aren't consistent or clear with their ANPR camera if its just some guy going around, but then surely they could fairly argue that the guy checks at regular hours?? 😖😖

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 November 2023 at 11:48PM
    Lollip456 said:
    ...you are still assuming I know all of these terms 😰 What do you mean by NTK? 
    No-one is assuming that.

We are however assuming that you would've by now read the NEWBIES thread where you will have seen that the fifth post on that thread explains a lot of the acronyms used here.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lollip456 said:
    Like it would seem they aren't consistent or clear with their ANPR camera if its just some guy going around, but then surely they could fairly argue that the guy checks at regular hours?? 😖😖

Sorry, what on earth are you on about?
    You are totally over thinking this if you don't want to take the advice from regulars that have seen thousands of these scam parking charges so be it it's up to you, but you are going up blind alleys for no reason!

• Hopefully any of this helps from all you wise folks here <3
  • fisherjim said:
    Lollip456 said:
    Like it would seem they aren't consistent or clear with their ANPR camera if its just some guy going around, but then surely they could fairly argue that the guy checks at regular hours?? 😖😖

Sorry, what on earth are you on about?
    You are totally over thinking this if you don't want to take the advice from regulars that have seen thousands of these scam parking charges so be it it's up to you, but you are going up blind alleys for no reason!
    I don't at all disagree with your skills or knowledge, I doubt my own ones which right now doesn't feel like I understand why you think I can actually win an appeal. The 2 reasons mentioned I felt like I already could picture how they would counter-argue and win 😰

I muck up and bunch of things and am autistic as heck, so i do apologise and am grateful for all the patience and hand-holding to help, please
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback