IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2023 at 11:23PM
    Lollip456 said:
    Surely this can't be the norm nor ever yield any help??? I mean why on earth would a politician for my area car to get involved when I parked on double yellows? It's hardly a winning point as I keep stressing which is why I'm wondering if there's ever been a similar case to mine here that has won...? 😖🙈
    And why on earth would your MP not want to get involved in helping one of his constituents who has come up against a formidable opponent?

You clearly have yet to read all of the opening post of the NEWBIES thread.
    In there you will see...
    These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint.
  • Further regarding contacting MP the blue template seems phrased towards NCP rather than an MP so I don't know what I would right or say beyond "I parked on double yellows, signs weren't clear, can I pay no munie plez" 😓😓😓 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2023 at 11:33PM
    Lollip456 said:
    Further regarding contacting MP the blue template seems phrased towards NCP rather than an MP so I don't know what I would right or say beyond "I parked on double yellows, signs weren't clear, can I pay no munie plez" 😓😓😓 
    I find myself wondering which parking company you work for.
  • KeithP said:
    Lollip456 said:
    Further regarding contacting MP the blue template seems phrased towards NCP rather than an MP so I don't know what I would right or say beyond "I parked on double yellows, signs weren't clear, can I pay no munie plez" 😓😓😓 
    I find myself wondering which parking company you work for.
    Eh? I'm genuinely confused what template I should use when contacting my local MP over a parking ticket where I'm seemingly in the wrong if not at least as much as the big evil company - I just don't trust myself to be clear and put across myself in a positive light... Please...
  • I did read those comments actually but it's hardly a huge PR win to help someone who parked on double yellows regardless of anything else
  • If I appeal on the NCP website now then since its been 7 days since I was sent the PCN, does that mean after they obviously decline the appeal I will still have 7 days of the reduced price? Or is that me then committing? 😰 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 November 2023 at 1:27AM
    Lollip456 said:
    I did read those comments actually but it's hardly a huge PR win to help someone who parked on double yellows regardless of anything else
    Parking on double yellow lines isn't illegal nor even banned. You can stop on DYL.

I use them a fair bit (legitimately). Someone has taught you wrong if they said DYL have the meaning 'no stopping'. They don't.

MPs are fully engaged in helping constituents v rogue PPCs.  This is normal for most MPs' postbags.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Do you know of a way to find out how many ppl NCP has taken to court and how many they have won this year?

Some reassuring statistics would be nice (even tho i kno u say on here 99% beat it, I'm just so defeated that someone like me would be that 1%) 😞
  • Lollip456 said:
    I did read those comments actually but it's hardly a huge PR win to help someone who parked on double yellows regardless of anything else
    Parking on double yellow lines isn't illegal nor even banned. You can stop on DYL.

I use them a fair bit (legitimately). Someone has taught you wrong if they said DYL have the meaning 'no stopping'. They don't.

MPs are fully engaged in helping constituents v rogue PPCs.  This is normal for most MPs' postbags.
    That does make me feel somewhat better, though as for a template message where should I be looking sir?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 November 2023 at 1:36AM
    Even if you did lose you'd pay less than the claim.  There is no risk in what we do.

We haven't lost any v NCP.  None (and my memory is good and goes back many years). I've beaten NCP myself in court this year for a local person who needed help.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback