IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your MP hasn't responded by now, I suggest you appeal both asap.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    If your MP hasn't responded by now, I suggest you appeal both asap.
    Yeah never did hear anything back. 

I already appealed the first on Monday like we planned, though I'm still not sure if I should appeal the 2nd I only just got today as isn't the idea to waste their time?

I'm assuming I don't make reference to my other outstanding one and not sure if this impacts things or not 🤔

Would be nice for this to be over with or have anymore certainty which I kno isnt possible...
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Was it 28 days NCP has to respond or 28 working days also?

How often do they miss this deadline which means everything gets thrown out, right?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 15 December 2023 at 9:56PM
    Options
    There is no need to remind/inform them that you already have another PCN, especially as it may encourage them to pursue you more vigorously.
    In your instance, there is no real advantage in delaying anything except to perhaps put more time between the appeals, but they issue so many PCNs per day, and get so many appeals that I doubt they would notice there are two for the same vehicle/keeper. It's more important to appeal and not miss any deadlines.

I think BPA members are supposed to respond within 35 days, but nothing will happen if they don't because they are unregulated and the BPA is funded entirely by parking companies, so it's in their interest to look the other way when a PPC doesn't follow the CoP.
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Okay guess I will send them the appeal again and probably find somewhere else to park since its too much hassle for the moment 🙈🙈

Don't suppose with ur amazing wisdom and knowledge u have any even rough details for how many get "forgotten" about?
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    If it would ease your anxiety, it wouldn't hurt to appeal next week, but do not forget it and do not miss the appeal deadline.
    Yes, definitely park elsewhere, even if that means parking in the adjacent car park and paying.

Very few PCNs get forgotten. Some of them I am sure get filed for several years in the hope the keeper has moved so the PPC can resurrect them and get a default judgment.
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Ah darn, guess I should get ready for the rejected response and POPLA stuff ready, though would surely just send them the same stuff again since you've already put together such a thorough response?
  • Lollip456
    Options
    Reading the informative "Newbies" section I would assume I would use the template for Signage (I deliberately go to town in this section, don't cut it down!):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341

Yeah? Just need to add in the stuff specific to mine - tho the problem is that as u probably realise I myself can get overwhelmed by a bunch of text - so when I do get round to it hope u won't mind if I ask for some more help on what I should add where on that template
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just send this if it's non-POFA worded, which you know from comparing your PCN to my NTK pictures thread (no link. It's current, and we don't need to see your NTK, you can check it yourself):

APPEAL:

I have seen no evidence of a contravention nor that this was a single parking event.

As your Parking Charge Notice does not comply with the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (Schedule 4) you are, in law, unable to hold the registered keeper of the vehicle liable for the parking charge. Therefore, I suggest that you contact the driver. As there is no legal requirement placed on the registered keeper to identify the driver, I will not be doing so. 

I require you to cancel the parking charge and remove my personal information from your database.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lollip456 said:
    Reading the informative "Newbies" section I would assume I would use the template for Signage (I deliberately go to town in this section, don't cut it down!):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341

Yeah? Just need to add in the stuff specific to mine - tho the problem is that as u probably realise I myself can get overwhelmed by a bunch of text - so when I do get round to it hope u won't mind if I ask for some more help on what I should add where on that template
    You aren't at POPLA stage. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback