IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

Options

Comments

• Lollip456
    Lollip456 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fixed the link now, sorry!
  • Lollip456
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really really appreciative of any thoughts on my appeal document before i send it off this weekend please! 🙏🙏
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 January at 4:21PM
    Options
    Remember of course to renumber all your points. Point zero becomes Point 1, Point 1 becomes Point 2 etcetera. Alternatively, you could make Point 0 your last point, which I think would be easier.

Your current Point 0 is a bit messy, but it's in your own words, and it does make sense. I don't think it is a winning point but should be left in.

Current, Point 1, change this: -

There are at least five car parks in and around Tacket Street, Ipswich; one council operated, one two privately owned and operated by a different unregulated private parking company companies, and three two operated by NCP.

Where you show images of the two NCP car parks, I would move their headings NCP Car Park 1, and NCP Car Park 2 to appear before the images to which they refer, not after. The same applies where you have added "Figure 2, Figure 3 ... " etcetera. Put the identification before the image rather than after.

If you renumber your points, then this comment in your current Point 2 will need to be changed because your current Point 1 will become your new Point 2, so the reference to Point 1 will become a reference to your new Point 2.

As has already been established in Point 1  2 of this appeal,

If however you make Point 0 your last Point, then you won't need to change it. 

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    edited 6 January at 4:25PM
    Options
    Current Point 3, change this: -

Terms and conditions as displayed on the sign on the inside of the car park boundary fence next to the unnamed side road outside the car park, as evidenced by figures 2, 3 & 4, nearest to where the vehicle was photographed showing that parking on yellow lines is not a breach of said parking terms. It should also be noted that such figures were taken using quite modern camera’s  cameras which automatically adjust contrast, focus and brightness all of which should be taken into account regarding that in person such signage is even worse to see. 

Current Point 4. If you renumber your points, this comment will need to be changed as well,

"...another point that will be exemplified later in point 6." 

As will this,

" ...previously stated in Point 3 of my appeal."

This is why I think it would be better to move your current Point 0 to the end so that the references in your other points will be correct and not need amending.

There is a typo just before you quote Lord Denning's red hand rule. Car par should be car park.

"Even if "parked on yellow lines" is determined to be a breach of parking terms at the site, which is denied, the terms and conditions of parking displayed on the signs inside the car par ..."
  • Fruitcake
    edited 6 January at 5:12PM
    Options
    Typo in the third paragraph of current Point 7,

"The operator claims multiple times through there their onsite signage that only by “parking your vehicle in ..."

This needs changing in the same paragraph, 

"...apparent parking." to something like, alleged parking or alleged event.

The orphan word in the middle of the last paragraph of current Point 7 needs to be removed.

"Both the BPA CoP Glossary at it's beginning as well as it' Appendix F all reference ..."
  • Fruitcake
    edited 6 January at 5:34PM
    Options
    As I said previously, it is entirely up to you whether you want to leave in or remove my *cough* Freudian slip where I *cough* accidently referred to cameras as scameras.

Other than those minor suggestions, I think it is ready to go. You don't need any preamble. Just fill in the required information on the PoPLA appeal portal, add a statement along the lines, See word document appeal *name.doc/name.docx* whichever is relevant in the text box of the appeal, and attach the appeal document itself.
    I suggest you include the PoPLA reference number in the document title, and the document name.
    Take a screengrab or photo before and after you hit Submit, then say a prayer to a deity of your choice.

Personally I think parking on yellow lines not being a breach of terms shown on the signs should be the killer point, but there is enough there to make the beggars think twice about continuing.
  • Lollip456
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    Remember of course to renumber all your points. Point zero becomes Point 1, Point 1 becomes Point 2 etcetera. Alternatively, you could make Point 0 your last point, which I think would be easier.

Your current Point 0 is a bit messy, but it's in your own words, and it does make sense. I don't think it is a winning point but should be left in.

Current, Point 1, change this: -

There are at least five car parks in and around Tacket Street, Ipswich; one council operated, one two privately owned and operated by a different unregulated private parking company companies, and three two operated by NCP.

Where you show images of the two NCP car parks, I would move their headings NCP Car Park 1, and NCP Car Park 2 to appear before the images to which they refer, not after. The same applies where you have added "Figure 2, Figure 3 ... " etcetera. Put the identification before the image rather than after.

If you renumber your points, then this comment in your current Point 2 will need to be changed because your current Point 1 will become your new Point 2, so the reference to Point 1 will become a reference to your new Point 2.

As has already been established in Point 1  2 of this appeal,

If however you make Point 0 your last Point, then you won't need to change it. 

I don't see the significance behind putting "figure 1" etc above the image rather than below - they are currently all consistent and a little think like that would take quite a bit to actually reorganise for no benefit I see?

Other changes agreed and done here
  • Lollip456
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have now submitted my claim to PoPLA 😬😬😬
  • Lollip456
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    🟢 PoPLA UPDATE 🟢

Now just got 1 last appealed PCN on the same road left to resolve, but a big thanks to the community for once again showing that the time put in these appeals are well worth it!
    @Fruitcake
    @Coupon-mad

• Lollip456
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gotta love how they make it seem like they aren't in the wrong and that instead they are being the nice guys 🤣🤣

More than likely that they didnt want the claim to actually be assessed and they risk losing out on that money spot.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback