IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP "Parking Charge Notice" Fine - outside of car park??

2456713

Comments

  • The quote from the parking charge letter does say "breach of the car park terms & conditions of use: parked on yellow lines and lability for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site at the time of parking"

    So will be interesting to see what this sign actually says - though it sounds like NCP own that little street as well and that is why they can issue this charge? Feels so rubbish when there's even cars parked there on google maps 😭😭
  • I've been reading up on the AOS Code of Practice (not sure if its the latest or anything) but did find 14.1 about misrepresenting authority "You must give clear information to the public about what parking activities are allowed and what is unauthorised"


    As a quick separate question I've wondered according to 13.1 Grace Periods "must be a minimum of 5mins" would this mean I could drive through an NCP car park if it has 2 separate entrances/ exits with no intention of parking, since that would be well within the grace period? 🤔
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2023 at 10:45PM
    Lollip456 said:
    fisherjim said:
    I assume you mean here, though it's pretty obvious to me that it will be private land rather than a road from certain clues, however someone not particularly dull like me to study these things might not get it.
    The fact that there are simply no signs at all let alone anything even remotely conforming to the BPA COP would be a winner at POPLA and even the SCC in the unlikely event it got that far.
    So in spite of you thinking you need tailored advice you don't, the newbies has it all.


    I do still fail to see how this is covered...

    The NEWBIES thread tells everyone:

    1.  No case is different. Details don't matter.

    2.  Complain to the landowner (every case)

    3.  It says: Here's a 'one size fits all' appeal to get a POPLA code (every BPA case) and the 3rd post tells you all abut how to expand on your appeal at POPLA stage, with photos of lack of signs, etc.  Examples given there show what matters and what doesn't. 

    4.  Back in the first post (your current stage) it then continues: Check other things if you want to dig deeper. e.g. is the NTK worded for PoFA keeper liability or not... 

    5.  The NEWBIES thread even gives a link to the POFA Schedule 4, to compare the NTK words.

    And on top of all that info that applies to every single case, fairly close to both the NEWBIES thread and your thread right now, with the last update only yesterday:

    ...there's a current thread I started this month, easy to spot on the recent thread list (that we hope new posters always stop and read down,  before starting a thread and hopefully after reading the NEWBIES thread, so you don't look only for "a case just like mine").  That NTK pictures thread shows you pics of a non-POFA and a POFA version of a NCP NTK, in case anyone is struggling with the POFA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lollip456 said:
    fisherjim said:
    I assume you mean here, though it's pretty obvious to me that it will be private land rather than a road from certain clues, however someone not particularly dull like me to study these things might not get it.
    The fact that there are simply no signs at all let alone anything even remotely conforming to the BPA COP would be a winner at POPLA and even the SCC in the unlikely event it got that far.
    So in spite of you thinking you need tailored advice you don't, the newbies has it all.


    I do still fail to see how this is covered...

    The NEWBIES thread tells everyone:

    1.  No case is different. Details don't matter.

    2.  Complain to the landowner (every case)

    3.  It says: Here's a 'one size fits all' appeal to get a POPLA code (every BPA case)

    4.  It then continues: Check other things if you want to dig deeper. e.g. is the NTK worded for PoFA keeper liability or not... 

    5.  The NEWBIES thread even gives a link to the POFA Schedule 4, to compare the NTK words.

    And on top of all that info that applies to every single case, fairly close to both the NEWBIES thread and your thread right now, with the last update only yesterday:

    ...there's a current thread I started this month, easy to spot on the recent thread list (that we hope new posters always stop and read down,  before starting a thread and not looking for "a case just like mine") that shows you pics of a non-POFA and a POFA version of a NCP NTK, in case anyone is struggling with the POFA.
    Whilst I know your response has tons of details I'm afraid I get overwhelmed rather easily and struggle to process and lot of information you provided 😖😖

    Are you still able to walk me through this as it really feels like this different than most since I did do something wrong with parking on double yellows and also am incredibly anxious about sending off any appeals as I would have a hundred other questions as the letter mentioned appealing a different way - and won't that void me paying less sooner so it will be even more expensive! 😰
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I can't walk you through any clearer than 1-5.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I can't walk you through any clearer than 1-5.
    Surely you can appreciate a little someone who has mental difficulties or even most that introducing a ton of acronyms suddenly isn't clear or easy to understand.

    I've still got no idea whether I should appeal or not and then what to mention etc.
  • I did also ask another quick question that I feel was overlooked too... 😞
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lollip456 said:
    I've been reading up on the AOS Code of Practice (not sure if its the latest or anything) but did find 14.1 about misrepresenting authority "You must give clear information to the public about what parking activities are allowed and what is unauthorised"


    As a quick separate question I've wondered according to 13.1 Grace Periods "must be a minimum of 5mins" would this mean I could drive through an NCP car park if it has 2 separate entrances/ exits with no intention of parking, since that would be well within the grace period? 🤔
    Yes.                            
  • KeithP said:
    Lollip456 said:
    I've been reading up on the AOS Code of Practice (not sure if its the latest or anything) but did find 14.1 about misrepresenting authority "You must give clear information to the public about what parking activities are allowed and what is unauthorised"


    As a quick separate question I've wondered according to 13.1 Grace Periods "must be a minimum of 5mins" would this mean I could drive through an NCP car park if it has 2 separate entrances/ exits with no intention of parking, since that would be well within the grace period? 🤔
    Yes.                            
    Thanks for that Keith - tho admittedly I'm certainly a bit nervous about doing it 😖

    Hoping I can now just come to a clear understanding about what I should do with the charge I've been given so far...
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You have many legs to stand on and why would you pay a scam parking invoice to these chancers that don't even comply with their ATA's COP even on entrance signage.....hint there isn't any.
    PPC's tell lies they will say there are numerous clear signs when there isn't you are dealing with idiots that have just hit on a way of skimming cash out of the gullible.
    The ANPR cameras are even in the car park not even in that entrance road that's another lie they told you, don't fall for it, and it is all in the newbies thread no different to any other scenario at all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards