UC claim review

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Ptee87
    Ptee87 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Has anybody sent screen shots of official statements or photos of a printed one 
  • _Jem_
    _Jem_ Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ptee87 said:
    Has anybody sent screen shots of official statements or photos of a printed one 
    Yes I didn't have a statement as it was a savings account so I printed off a long transaction then scanned it, I was in panic mode if I thought about it I could of used the Microsoft print as pdf as that is a save file.
  • TimeLord1
    TimeLord1 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 May at 11:23AM
    Options
    I recently had all my paper statements turned off by banks so using the (app) I was unable to turn them back to paper again, so signed in (online) and updated (paper preferences ) to (paper only) again. Now if they can send you promotional paper mail for loans cards etc. Why then do they attempt to stop paper statements? It costs you electricity, ink and paper + time.

So if you want statements mailed out it is possible and it's cheaper for you especially in a cost of living crisis. So check preferences online to update it, remember phone apps will block any attempts to change it. 
  • _Jem_
    Options
    TimeLord1 said:
    I recently had all my paper statements turned off by banks so using the (app) I was unable to turn them back to paper again, so signed in (online) and updated (paper preferences ) to (paper only) again. Now if they can send you promotional paper mail for loans cards etc. Why then do they attempt to stop paper statements? It costs you electricity, ink and paper + time.

So if you want statements mailed out it is possible and it's cheaper for you especially in a cost of living crisis. So check preferences online to update it, remember phone apps will block any attempts to change it. 
    For most people it's probably not worth having paper statements these days, as with most things you can send it as a file, you don't even need to have a printer because you can use the print as pdf. I kept on saying I want paper statements and then when I did stop it I said to myself I should of done this years ago.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 May at 5:43PM
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    TimeLord1 said:

For most people it's probably not worth having paper statements these days, as with most things you can send it as a file, you don't even need to have a printer because you can use the print as pdf. I kept on saying I want paper statements and then when I did stop it I said to myself I should of done this years ago.
    My wife has finally finished her immigration process with just a ceremony to go.. and I hate paper waste... so finally at the weekend I destroyed all bank statements held for years...and flicked everything to electronic statements.. the next day "We are reviewing your Universal Credit claim to make sure your payments are correct." I could curse my luck... now trying to get a statement for an inactive bank account where can't produce online as with no transactions in a month it doesn't work.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • _Jem_
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    TimeLord1 said:

My wife has finally finished her immigration process with just a ceremony to go.. and I hate paper waste... so finally at the weekend I destroyed all bank statements held for years...and flicked everything to electronic statements.. the next day "We are reviewing your Universal Credit claim to make sure your payments are correct." I could curse my luck... now trying to get a statement for an inactive bank account where can't produce online as with no transactions in a month it doesn't work.
    Now that is bad luck, hope you get it sorted without to much hassle. 
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 1 May at 11:32PM
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    _Jem_ said:
    TimeLord1 said:

Yeah sorted today... although still waiting on wife to get her phone out and take a selfie with her driving licence!!
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • _Jem_
    edited 2 May at 5:27PM
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    _Jem_ said:
    TimeLord1 said:

Yeah sorted today... although still waiting on wife to get her phone out and take a selfie with her driving licence!!
    That's good, if you are using a driving licence as ID then you will also need the driving licence check code for UC. I didn't know about that I was eager sent the picture and then got a message about needing the check code.
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 2 May at 6:50PM
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    _Jem_ said:
    _Jem_ said:
    TimeLord1 said:

That's good, if you are using a driving licence as ID then you will also need the driving licence check code for UC. I didn't know about that I was eager sent the picture and then got a message about needing the check code.
    Yeah.... just be careful not to test it...lol.. from quick reading it looks like the code can only be used once...lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback