UC claim review

Options

Comments

• Havrey0123
    Havrey0123 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had a review but had to have roof repair done, I have 2500 in savings and am on UC lcwra and pip.
    The roof repair was 1500 but he wanted cash as if I paid by card it was 20% more.

If I am asked to give my statements will they question why I withdrew 1500 in one go.

Also I pay in cash and withdraw about 700 a month to pay for things I need.

Is this alllowed
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 February at 10:26PM
    Options
    Has anyone blanked out the descriptions of what the transactions are for when asked for bank statements?
    Can see why they would want to check if over capital threshold, but what you spend your money on should be private.
    They need the transactions so they are sure you are not sending funds to someone to stay under limit. 
    I got asked what a payment coming in each month was. It was daughters board.
    Ours all had to be in PDF format as well. OK for bank accounts, but some savings only send annual statements. So had to copy & past into word to create a PDF.
    No need to pay for app/program to do it for you.
    If capital is under £6k you can do whatever you like with the money, spend it or give it away as UC had no system in what might happen.
    You can't report anything with UC that will happen in the future. This includes any money you might be getting.
    If you have £6k in capital and gave £5k away that's fine as you have never had over £6k, just because a future payment would have taken you over doesn't matter.

It starts to matter when over £6k, if you had £10k and gave £5k away  then you can be classed as still having the £10k as at the point you gave the money away it increased the UC amount. (you would get £69.60 more in UC)

EDIT
    Having reread were you talking about hiding money rather than giving it to someone?
    You are missing the point I was making.
    If the OP is paying out money each month to keep capital under £6K. Then they can question it.

This is all part of the checks to make sure that people are not gaming the system to get max benefit. So they need to see the transactions.
    If they're giving away income then there is no legal basis (as far as I'm aware) under the current UC regulations for that to be questioned.

Edit for clarity: giving away income they've already received.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I haven't had a review but had to have roof repair done, I have 2500 in savings and am on UC lcwra and pip.
    The roof repair was 1500 but he wanted cash as if I paid by card it was 20% more.

If I am asked to give my statements will they question why I withdrew 1500 in one go.

Also I pay in cash and withdraw about 700 a month to pay for things I need.

Is this alllowed
    Yes is that is allowed.
    But sadly reports on here show the that "reviewers" aren't well trained on actual benefit law and ask questions beyond their remit.
    So they might ask about them, but there in no legal basis on that question as the answer is irrelevant.

Let's Be Careful Out There
  • _Jem_
    _Jem_ Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    I have a phone review next week I think it's probably because I have money going out to another account, For some reason I couldn't download the second account statements, I kept on getting a error I don't know if it was the bank app or my phone so I just submitted the one account, Instead of sending a note in my journal and waiting for a response. I also didn't send the code for the the driving licence verification. That will teach me to not to rush things.

Hopefully I will not be on the phone for long as I have voice problems.
  • Kris35
    Kris35 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jem what's the driving licence verification thing please?
  • _Jem_
    edited 4 March at 4:46PM
    Options
    Kris35 said:
    Jem what's the driving licence verification thing please?
    The only I'd I have is my Driving Licence, it said you need to take 3 pictures front and back and one with you holding it up to your face. I never saw it say about the driving licence code. But I got this message in my journal this morning.  

I don't know why the copy and paste didn't come out properly.

Thank you for providing your ID and bank statements.

We just need to see a licence check code if you choose to send photos of your 
    driving licence. 
    Create your check code here 
    https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    _Jem_ said:
    I have a phone review next week I think it's probably because I have money going out to another account, For some reason I couldn't download the second account statements, I kept on getting a error I don't know if it was the bank app or my phone so I just submitted the one account, Instead of sending a note in my journal and waiting for a response. I also didn't send the code for the the driving licence verification. That will teach me to not to rush things.

A phone interview is a standard part of a Compliance Check.
    Usually you submit the information they request, then a phone appointment is booked.
    They will run through a list of other sources of income you may have (savings, premium bonds etc), and ask any questions arising from your bank statements. 
  • _Jem_
    Options
    KxMx said:
    _Jem_ said:

A phone interview is a standard part of a Compliance Check.
    Usually you submit the information they request, then a phone appointment is booked.
    They will run through a list of other sources of income you may have (savings, premium bonds etc), and ask any questions arising from your bank statements. 
    I thought it might be because there is out going payments for another account. 

• SUPERGIRL2020
    SUPERGIRL2020 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 March at 5:10PM
    Options
    _Jem_ said:

I had problems downloading my statements too ended up going to a branch and printing them not sure if you are able to do that but they accepted photos of printed statements 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback