PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 4th Quarter 2023

Options

Comments

• flamingo747
    Options
    Oh dear 2.5 lb on! 
    Married 40y.o. mum of an autistic 11y.o. Carer/SAHM.
    OS '24 Fashion On The Ration: 0(34 preloved)/67 coupons used - OS '24 Declutter Challenge: 633/500 items gone 🏅 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 - Now aiming for 750!
    Feb GC: (1st-29th inc) £161.45/£495
     ((OS 2023 Decluttering: 740 items 🏅 🏅 🏅  🌟 . OS 2023 Fashion on the ration: 14/15 used))

• Gingerlily
    Options
    Hi

Was weigh day Wednesday STS please Brambling.

Am slightly frustrated as I’m being consistent and tracking and lowish carb. Only difference is an increase in activity levels.
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2024
    1st quarter -22lbs
    2nd quarter ??
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you feel a little better Sue, I'm assuming your hip isn't helping

Gingerlily maybe your body is adjusting to the increased activity and will hopefully show next week 

Better luck next week Flamingo, weren't you on holiday? in which case it is allowed   ;)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • flamingo747
    Options
    Nice, holiday this weekend (an overnight for hubby's half marathon and then fri-tues in Disneyland next week. October is going to be a wash out!
    Married 40y.o. mum of an autistic 11y.o. Carer/SAHM.
    OS '24 Fashion On The Ration: 0(34 preloved)/67 coupons used - OS '24 Declutter Challenge: 633/500 items gone 🏅 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 - Now aiming for 750!
    Feb GC: (1st-29th inc) £161.45/£495
     ((OS 2023 Decluttering: 740 items 🏅 🏅 🏅  🌟 . OS 2023 Fashion on the ration: 14/15 used))

• Pixie_Cosmo
    Options
    @jennystarpepper thank you, I had a good holiday! Nice to have some sun and relaxing. I do work hard and save up so I can get away, and I appreciate I'm in a position to do so now :-)

@Brambling revised starting goal = get rid of 12lbs please! 😬🙄🤞Not sure I'll hit my target but going to give it a go.

Now it's colder, porridge for breakfast and soups for lunch. I've been looking at low calorie spicy root vegetable soups to see what new varieties I can make. Carrot and lentil is cheap and cheerful, but boring every day. Hopefully the spices will keep colds at bay. I'm trying out ras en hanout and harissa pastes for a change, and a crunchy nutty spicy topping for texture. Anyone tried them before? I've made veggie tagines and enjoyed them.

Evening meals will be mainly homemade batch cooked things to make sure I'm getting plenty of veg and nutrients. No booze for a bit - it really is my downfall. Positive thoughts everyone! 🤞
    Pay off mortgage by Jan 2025
  • Foofoopuppy
    Options
    Weigh in today was stay the same - not a shock though as I've been a bit rundown and mostly eating at maintenance. Will have to get back on the saddle this week!

I do find the change of seasons difficult, and with how cols it is now I need to start thinking about soups and other warmers - while minimising the hot chocolate!

Unfortunately work has now implemented a no hot food at your desk, and I really don't like eating in the basement, so I'm going to have to think about what to do for lunches.
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    4.5 LB Please Brambling.

I've been eating apples, the berries / cherries and other fruit are out of season so had a change.  We have about 8 different celebrations this month so having to be 'mindful' about what I eat appears to be working.  

@Pixie_Cosmo I use the same pastes and also Chipotle, it's low in calories for the odd teaspoon, adds spice and not heat.   

@flamingo747 Have a lovely holiday, it's made me wish for ice cream.  :smiley: 

Have had to buy new swimwear, new problem is a bit SpongeBob, I'm short and 10 plus pairs of Bikini bottoms later they don't fit, about 2 inches of material too much on the bottom, will now have to face the hell of the fitting rooms, problem is many of the shops have disappeared! 

Have a good week everyone.
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 October 2023 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Well done guys Jenny you are about to hit your target or have i miss read the numbers.  Have you tried Lands End for your bikini they aren't cheap but do have good sales sometimes, I brought a good swimming costume from them and i'm not easy to buy for 

FooFoo is it just hot food you're not allowed, i use to make a selection of salads using rice, pasta, lentils or couscous as the carbs and just chopping up loads of raw veg / salad stuff into it with some kind of protein.  you can make a like low cal dressing to add as well. My favourite at the moment is a Mocorran lentil and carrot salad which has lots of spices in the dressing I tweak to make it lower calory 

Moroccan Lentil Carrot Salad (Vegan) | Up Beet Kitchen

Pixie i do rotate my soups each week during the winter and ofter pop at least one portion in the freezer so every few weeks i can have a different one everyday and have no need to cook which is always a bonus  :) i do tend to add herbs or spices and if nothing else is available some chilli and unless i feel like experimenting tends to be one of the below.

Tesco's Nanas magic soup but you have to allow for the coconut milk
    Minestrone with or without bacon or Italian wedding soup which is very similar but with little meatballs
    Butternut squash soup - if using roasted butternut squash i add a little whole grain mustard to it or if just boiling the squash i add about a half of a sharp apple 
    Pumpkin soup - sprinkle some feta cheese on top before serving 
    Tomato and lentil 
    Celery (no milk) sometimes making it from braised celery made when the oven is on
    Cauliflower (no Milk)
    Chicken soup (using HM Chicken stock) 
    Turkey - using a turkey drumstick
    Bottom of Fridge soup!

Have a good week everyone

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    Brambling, hadn't realised it but, yes and about 4 LB off yearend target.... trying to lose the ice cream and gin calories, before I go away.  Will have a look at Lands End, I've got a few Freya swimwear that I can't get into yet, it's about £90 for a Tankini set...crazy!

Thank you again for your group / thread, it has and is a huge help. <3
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• jules81
    jules81 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi could I join please? 

I think I weigh more than most. I have  a phew physical and MH issues. 

With help I am TRYING to cook from scratch more. 

Up my protein and fiber. Eat my cals what nutra check give me.  I also try to drink 2l squash although only did 1l plus 500 mls aldi lemon fake Fanta plus 2 coffees.. I can't live without my coffees. 

I started last Fri ( again ) at 339 lbs ( 24. 3) I would like to get to (22.13)  by christmas or 321 lbs so 18lbs which I know is a fair amount. 

I hope I can post daily for motivation. 

My sleep patterns had it and insomnia is awful so sorry if my posts are st random times. 

Xxcx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure