PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 4th Quarter 2023

Options
Brambling
Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 29 September 2023 at 2:22PM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi All

Welcome to the Old Style Weight Loss thread for quarter four 2023, the run up to Christmas  :# 

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st October until the 31st December although I'm sure for most of us it will be up until the 24th December or the first Christmas Party!

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge and importantly that includes being kind to ourselves  <3   All hints and tips welcomed especially during the current time when we may be reaching for food or aren't able to buy our usual healthier choices.  

I'm sure ideas about cheap healthy meals and free exercise ideas will be welcomed at the moment 

Please send me your targets if you are setting one in either lbs or kgs whatever suits you but only in increments of 1/2 or 1  -  There is no requirement to provide a target or weekly weight ins and no one has to justify if they chose not to weigh in for any period of time

Anyone can join the challenge at any point over the next 3 months  :)

All aboard and Good Luck  <3
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin

Comments

• Brambling
    edited 29 October 2023 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2023 - 4th Quarter

01/10/23 - 31/12/23

Imperial (lbs) please let me know if you want to record  in kilos

Allie23 -/-
    Bazzalona13295 -/-
    Brambling 3/7  o:)o:)o:) / STS 
    Brie 3/7  o:)o:)o:) 
    Cazann -/10
    Flamingo747 1/10  o:)
    FooFoopuppy 2/11  o:)o:)
    Gingerlily 2.5/14  o:)o:)  ;)
    Jennystarpepper  4/10   o:)o:)o:)o:)
    Jingsmybucket -/6
    jules81 -/18
    leftatthetrafgiclights -/-
    Pixie_Cosmo -/12
    SuffolkSue 3/10   o:)o:)o:)

Kilos 

Sleazy +1/-  >:)

Key
     o:)   = 1lb loss (or kilo)
     ;)     = 1/2lb loss (or kilo)
     >:)   = 1lb gain (or kilo)
     :'(    = 1/2lb gain (or kilo
  • flamingo747
    Options
    Me please, I really need to get on track. Birthday tomorrow, then Disneyland Paris in half term. 

Aim of 10lbs please
    Married 40y.o. mum of an autistic 11y.o. Carer/SAHM.
    OS '24 Fashion On The Ration: 0(34 preloved)/67 coupons used - OS '24 Declutter Challenge: 633/500 items gone 🏅 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 - Now aiming for 750!
    Feb GC: (1st-29th inc) £161.45/£495
     ((OS 2023 Decluttering: 740 items 🏅 🏅 🏅  🌟 . OS 2023 Fashion on the ration: 14/15 used))

• Brambling
    Options
    welcome Flamingo  :) a birthday is always good to get things in forcus.  I hope you have a good day tomorrow
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    Usual 10lb for me please Brambling, many thanks for running this again.  

I have a GP appointment next week about HRT, thought I been getting away with it, but the last 6 months I have been falling apart, (I keep telling myself It's not so bad as I've lost a few pounds), hair is falling out, teeth / gum problems, skin issues, haven't needed to hide the knives yet.  :D and just feel very cruddy.  

Any suggestions from anyone about anything that helped you / friends is appreciated. 

MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Brambling
    Options
    Welcome back Jenny sorry you are feeling cr*p at the moment i managed without HRT but I would probably been better biting that bullet and asking for it.  My menopause was late and I actually think lockdown helped as i didn't have to face the office when i was dealing with brain fog which i hated, nothing worst than sitting in a meeting and the mind going completely blank half way though a sentence not just forgetting what i was going to say but what we were talking about :# .  I know one of my sisters couldn't have HRT she use to take supplements i think Red Clover was one (these days i believe they sell them as a single menopause supplement).  If you don't get the response you want from the GP ask to talk to another one, most surgeries should have a doctor who specifies in female issues and the menopause.
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    Thanks Brambling, I am lucky at 53 I've got off lightly in a way, but nobody told me about the itching and wanting to rub the cheese grater all over myself.   
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My usual 10 lb please ,one day I’ll achieve it !
  • leftatthetrafficlights
    Options
    I'm in again - hoping that the last one is the charm!! 🤦‍♀️ I'll weigh on Sunday for my starting weight - don't think it's going to be pretty!! 🙄
    Tilly Tidy Fund 2024: £66.09/£100

Weight loss challenge 2024:
    4/24lbs
    1st quarter starting weight: 9st 13.1lb
    2nd quarter starting weight: 9st 9.2lb
    3rd quarter starting weight: 
    4th quarter starting weight:

GC 2024 - Annual Target: £2712- Running total:£629.12/£2712
    Monthly Target: £226
    Jan: £74.12; Feb: £300; Mar: £190; Apr: £65; May: £; Jun: £; Jul: £; Aug: £; Sep: £; Oct: £; Nov: £; Dec: £

• Sleazy
    Sleazy Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 29 September 2023 at 8:26PM
    Options
    I've been trying to lose a bit lot of weight and would like to join in, please.
    Preferably kilos for me, I will give a starting weight on Sunday.

• Brambling
    Options
    Welcome Sleazy 🖐️ and welcome back Leftatthetrafficlights and  SSue  :)

New quarter and a lovely clean slate 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback