IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Missing Reg PCN, IAS Appeal and Court Claim

Options

Comments

• mwalford92
    mwalford92 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 April at 5:55PM
    Options
    Right then, a bit of info that may be worth highlighting somewhere for others - @Coupon-mad ?

After holding for 1hr and 10mins, I eventually spoke to a nice chap at the call centre who told me the following information after an initial panicked conversation as he originally didn't see the defence as filed (but he was very keen to help and get it sorted there and then).  Only when I mentioned the e-mail submission did things become clearer/simpler.
    • Unsurprisingly, the court system is completely overwhelmed
    • claimresponses.cnbc@justice.gov.uk is the correct e-mail
    • An automated response e-mail citing 10 days etc. etc. is acknowledgment of receipt
    • The act of sending an e-mail puts a block on the case being automatically sent for judgement without a defence
    • The e-mail goes into a big pile/backlog for manual assignment against the case and eventually it'll get married up
    • One other way that you can see this is on the moneyclaim.gov.uk under the details of the case - note the text highlighted in yellow.  

Hope this is of some use to anyone at that stage of the party.
    Thanks for summarising this, I was in a very similar situation today. The automated response is very vague and the person I spoke to seems to have been a lot less helpful than who helped you out. Didn't tell me that an email automatically puts a block on. Nor did I notice the highlighted wording about a bar being put on. Thanks again, very reassuring! 

• blueskyrich
    blueskyrich Posts: 34 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a problem at all, I'm glad it was of use.

Just as an update, the Monday (8th April) after my deadline (5th April), the system was updated to show the case was being defended and that the DQ had been sent.  Might be worth keeping an eye on the system as you are now waiting for something that arrives by post without any electronic notification.

I'm just filling that out now as per the instructions on the Newbies thread and will be submitting it this evening.
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Just before I send off the N180 to The Court, The Vultures and The Vulture's Bottom Feeding Legal people, can I just check to see if anyone has any positive/negative opinion of courts in my area in these cases?

I've popped Leicester County Court down on the form, but Nuneaton and Coventry are also nearby.  Any thoughts welcome...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Warwick circuit is good.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Hopefully a trip to Warwick it is then!  
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Being a good boy, I sent a copy of the N180 via e-mail to Elms and to VCS (belts and braces approach).  Now, I appreciate I might not have helped matters by greeting the former as 'Time Wasters' and the latter as 'Oxygen Thieves, however Elms have cheerily emailed me back to say they do not accept 'service via e-mail'.  In the auto-reply from VCS, they state, "All documents should be served at the address of...".  

This seems rather archaic in this day and age - would it be wise to send The Claimant only a copy via First Class post (with a proof of postage) or is this just further bluster on their part?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 April at 11:20PM
    Options
    Leave it. A DQ isn't an important document.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Thank you again @Coupon-mad - I wont bother wasting a stamp on these scumbags!
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Quick question for anyone at the Directions Questionnaire stage...

I have logged into the Moneyclaim website this evening to take a quick look at where things are.  I submitted the N180 to the court via e-mail on 21st April and received the an auto-reply confirmation but nothing further.

Since then, the lovely people at VCS have sent me the usual "Elms aren't representing this anymore, please give us £195 to go away" letter.   Thanks but erm, I'll see you in court.

What concerns me now is that on the summary page, the 'Latest Document' entry has gone back to 'Acknowledgement of Service'.  On selecting the case, the only option available to me is to view the AOS.  The claim history still shows the original timeline of documents sent/received with the DQ being sent on the 8th April as the last entry.

Is this something that has been seen before as I don't want this to somehow get missed and end up with a judgement entered against me...

Thanks as always,
    Rich
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you saying that it did show receipt of a defence but that has now disappeared? Do you have a screenshot of that? Do you have the acknowledgement email? Phone the CNBC at 8am and ask them what it has changed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback