IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Missing Reg PCN, IAS Appeal and Court Claim

Options

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,075 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    it. If they are inquisitive enough to want to know what is waiting for them in the envelope (greedily anticipating a cheque from a victim), they must fork out to receive it.
    Write 'Check Enclosed' on the envelope, to really pique their interest! 🤭

I sent a number of those to UKPC with no postage on them, but instead of a cheque I enclosed a note saying "Isn't it annoying getting envelopes full of Cr@*" you should stop it! :D 
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    blueskyrich said:

anyone know how many of their fake demands are sent before they start with court proceedings?

Could be as few as two. More likely four but... how long is a piece of string?

You could try posting the demands back to them without putting a stamp on the envelope. Invariably they will receive a notification from Royal Mail that there is post for them but they must pay something like £1.20 (or whatever the postage and admin fee is these days) to receive it. If they are inquisitive enough to want to know what is waiting for them in the envelope (greedily anticipating a cheque from a victim), they must fork out to receive it.

You sound like the kind of person who enjoys a bit of mischief with these vermin.  ;)
    That is a marvellous idea.  I do enjoy winding up these vermin - you only have to have a very quick look through this forum to see the misery and upset they have inflicted on people, some very vulnerable.  I don't like that and I still find it staggering that such harassment and threatening behaviour is legal in this country.

I was most disappointed when they didn't take up my T's & C's of expecting £100 if they wrote to me again wasting my time.

Not sure where this all ends but I hope my behaviour brings a little bit of humour in an area where these scumbags are bringing a lot of bloody misery.
  • patient_dream
    Options
    I will never know why government thought having two ATA's was a good idea. The IPC was set up by Davies and Hurley, the chuckle brothers,  and it was set up as a scam.

The government should have been alerted to this when the Parking Prankster exposed the scam
    It was only going to attract the lowlife / riff raff in the parking scam because the IAS was on their side
    The IPC adopted the fake add-on scam and copied the BPA / OSNER fake add-on scam

The new independent appeals promised by government .... if you can actually believe them, will scupper the IAS  and indeed BPA members because POPLA will go into the long grass as well

You know £170 is a fake and because it is a scam, now accepted by Judges, how will this ex clamprer play their cards
    WE HAVE MUCH BETTER CARDS TO PLAY
  • UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    it. If they are inquisitive enough to want to know what is waiting for them in the envelope (greedily anticipating a cheque from a victim), they must fork out to receive it.
    Unfortunately, they don't get to see the letter before forking out the fee. However, it would be fun to imagine their faces when they do open an envelope with "Cheque Enclosed" and find instead their own rubbish instead.
  • patient_dream
    Options
    Could be the NEXT SRS/VCS/EXCEL  .... LORRA FUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ml1_SLU6x4
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Unfortunately, they don't get to see the letter before forking out the fee. However, it would be fun to imagine their faces when they do open an envelope with "Cheque Enclosed" and find instead their own rubbish instead.
    If it's thought they won't pay to collect an unstamped envelope, stick a second class one on it.  'Check' enclosed. Include in the envelope whatever nasty one likes. They can 'check' what it is on opening, but it won't be a 'cheque'!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • blueskyrich
    Options
    Well, VCS have been busy little beavers.

Within the absolute minimum time frames following the IAS 'Appeal' outcome, I received a 'DEMAND OF FOR PAYMENT', swiftly followed by a 'FINAL DEMAND' and today, I got the hat-trick with the 'LETTER BEFORE CLAIM'.

Yeah, like I'm going to detail my finances - get out of town!   :D

As such, it's time for me to send yet another letter to my pals at VCS Ltd as per the Newbies guidance.  Always good venting my spleen at these fraudsters.  

Out of interest, VCS never provided some 'evidence' that I requested during the IAS farce (instead not replying and thus automatically ending the process and sending the case to 'arbitration'). Would my next letter be a good time to give them a gentle reminder about that?

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes and cite the section of the PAP for Debt Claims that provides for the right to ask for documents.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blueskyrich
    blueskyrich Posts: 34 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to bump this back up to the top to provide information for others who may find this useful.

Today, I received a Claim Form from the Civil National Business Centre.  As such, the timeline so far is...

Date of (paid for) parking - 28th June 2023
    Speculative Invoice aka PCN - 10th July 2023
    Appeal Raised - 31st July 2023
    Appeal Rejected - 10th August 2023
    IAS Appeal Raised - 15th August 2023
    IAS Appeal shut down by operator - 26th September 2023
    IAS Appeal Rejected -  8th October 2023
    VCS Demand for Payment - 26th October 2023
    VCS Letter Before Claim - 22nd November 2023
    ELMS Legal Notification of Instruction - 29th December 2023
    Court Claim Form - 5th March 2024

So onwards we move on with this.  I'll be using the advice from the top of this forum and fully intend to raise a counter-claim for my expenses in sorting out this charade.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Court Claim Form - 5th March 2024
    Could you please confirm that this is the Date of Issue shown on the claim form rather than the date of your receipt please? Once we have clarification, forum regular @KeithP will be along with some key dates and initial actions for you to undertake to start your defence. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure