We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Octopus Agile

1…398399400401402404»

Comments

  • Telegraph_Sam
    Telegraph_Sam Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I don't seem to be able to find the link on the Octopus website which confirms the tariff that I am on, the rates and time validity etc. I believe that I am on Flexible but it would be nice to know for certain. Is this link a figment of my imagination? And how come the Flex rate is non-flex until Jan??

    Telegraph Sam

    There are also unknown unknowns - the one's we don't know we don't know
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,851 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I don't seem to be able to find the link on the Octopus website which confirms the tariff that I am on, the rates and time validity etc. I believe that I am on Flexible but it would be nice to know for certain. Is this link a figment of my imagination?

    Hi Sam, welcome back!

    On the web, scroll down the "home" page of your Octopus dashboard. Your tariff details will be towards the bottom.

    And how come the Flex rate is non-flex until Jan??

    Flexible Octopus typically only changes when the Ofgem cap changes. We've just had a change at the start of October, and the next one is scheduled for the start of January.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Failing that, have a look at your monthly bill. Your tariff info will be on there

  • Telegraph_Sam
    Telegraph_Sam Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Found it. The two should coincide and I suppose that with Flexible there is no end date (or early exit fee).

    Current thinking is that for a default tariff that you get moved into willy nilly, it stands comparison with the current alternatives [rather than with past available fixed tariffs that are now no more than a memory :( ]

    Telegraph Sam

    There are also unknown unknowns - the one's we don't know we don't know
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.