We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus Agile
Comments
-
I would take a step back, being on SVR tarrif the only way to save money is by reducing your consumption.
Everything else, Agile, Battery, Solar - it just opens many more possibilities - by using more at different times, on different days, by selling excess, by getting various grants (from banks etc.).
Whatever you end up choosing you can save most by "maximizing" the new options.
Even by low level users of under 5kWh / day in can be financially beneficial by selling excess back to grid.
1 -
Ah that puts a new light on it. But only if I "desert" Flexible and change to Agile otherwise there is no peak / off-peak differential. Present avg consumption (no EV) is 2630 elec and 6826 gas. Considering the present cost of a battery (in addition to my solars) I feel that it is definitely a case of look before I take a blind leap.The sums won't add up by themselves I fear.
Telegraph Sam
There are also unknown unknowns - the one's we don't know we don't know0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards