Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 February 2023 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Alex9384 said:
    Too bad I'm blacklisted after NatWest terminated my accounts with them... When I opened second Reward current account in 2021, they decided to close both my current accounts.

Is it worth calling them and try to speak about this or no point?
    Did you use either of the accounts?

I have held several RBS accounts (five in total) two currently active. I used one of them as my main account until recently but will do so again soon.  All current accounts.
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Middle_of_the_Road Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 June 2023 at 1:07AM
    Options
    Alex9384 said:
    Too bad I'm blacklisted after NatWest terminated my accounts with them... When I opened second Reward current account in 2021, they decided to close both my current accounts.

Is it worth calling them and try to speak about this or no point?
    Did you use either of the accounts?

I have held several RBS accounts (five in total) two currently active. I used one of them as my main account until recently but will do so again soon.  All current accounts.
    Natwest only allow one reward account, and one joint reward account per person.
  • Alex9384
    Alex9384 Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    I also applied 2 days ago and received today a letter containing an application form (pre-filled) that requires a signature and to be returned to NornIron in the enclosed PPE.

Unfortunately, since I had heard nothing I decided to submit a second application today prior to the mail arriving. This application included a switch request.

This might get messy.

Why did you not ring them up instead of making the second application?

EPICA - the best symphonic metal band in the world !

• Alex9384
    Options
    OK guys, so what if I want to apply for both, their credit card and current account? Were any of you offered a CC when applying for the current account? Some banks do that (Nationwide for example).

What's the best way for me to do that. CC application first, then current account? Or vice versa?

• Alex9384
    Options
    OK, I just called them and they said I won't be eligible for any account within the NatWest group. Even if Ulster Bank eligiblity checker says I'm eligible for their CC, it would later flag up that NatWest earlier closed my account and the Ulster account/card would not be opened.

• flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    Alex9384 said:
    I also applied 2 days ago and received today a letter containing an application form (pre-filled) that requires a signature and to be returned to NornIron in the enclosed PPE.

Unfortunately, since I had heard nothing I decided to submit a second application today prior to the mail arriving. This application included a switch request.

This might get messy.

Why did you not ring them up instead of making the second application?
    Idleness. It'll probably cost me.
  • poshrule_uk
    Options
    I had my Ulster forms to sign yesterday. Popped in the lost today so will be collected Monday. Took about 2-3 days to arrive from the initial application.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We've also received our forms in the post today (after not having heard anything by text/email).
    It says to send the signed application along with any supporting documentation.
    It also says "If you've already sucessfully provided your documents to us online, you don't need to sign and return this application form".
    As yet, we've not been provided with any information as to how to provide any documents online so I assume we need to return the signed forms.
    The letter does not ask for any supporting documentation so presumably we just send back the signed forms.
    The forms are pre-filled with the entries from the application process. However, there are also blank entries for other information under the "Other financial details" heading (savings/investments/house value). These were not asked about in the online application process. Do we leave them blank and simply sign and return the forms?

• AmityNeon
    AmityNeon Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 February 2023 at 5:32PM
    Options

They obviously have exactly the same information as NatWest/RBS regarding HooYu:

Why have I not received the invite to upload my documents?
    You should have received both an email and a text message from the bank with a link to HooYu. If you have not received either of these then unfortunately we won't be able to get in touch. Please re-apply with your correct details.

But it's seemingly apparent that Ulster Bank contradicts themselves entirely by sending neither an email nor a text message, and are able to get in touch by post, by just sending mail which arrives unexpectedly and asks for a wet signature.

• mr_accountant
    Options
    Applied 15/2, letter received 18/2 asking to sign and send back in pre paid envelope, no mention of the switch details.

Also clearscore (equifax) have an alert for next credit report of a hard search by ulster Bank on the 15/2.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback