Ulster application

Options
Applied online and opted to switch as part of application. Said I was eligible for the account and gave an application reference at the end, but no account details. 
Nothing received by text or email to login and upload any ID etc. Has anyone else had the same?

Comments

• poshrule_uk
    Options
    I applied two days ago and I'm awaiting to hear back. They are probably busy.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Applied online and opted to switch as part of application. Said I was eligible for the account and gave an application reference at the end, but no account details. 
    Nothing received by text or email to login and upload any ID etc. Has anyone else had the same?
    Why did you choose to open a Ulster bank account when they don't offer the digital saver like RBS and Nat West
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    I also applied 2 days ago and received today a letter containing an application form (pre-filled) that requires a signature and to be returned to NornIron in the enclosed PPE.

Unfortunately, since I had heard nothing I decided to submit a second application today prior to the mail arriving. This application included a switch request.

This might get messy.
  • overspender22
    Options
    35har1old said:
    Why did you choose to open a Ulster bank account when they don't offer the digital saver like RBS and Nat West
    Because I won’t get a switch bonus from rbs or natwest and already have their digital savers :)
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ulster don't send you anything for some time - several days - after application - at least that was my experience last October. 

Yes, it seems odd, but it's just how they do things.   

Just wait, and be patient! 
  • overspender22
    Options
    Zanderman said:
    Ulster don't send you anything for some time - several days - after application - at least that was my experience last October. 

Thanks. Did they email you to upload ID or was it snail mail?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Zanderman said:

Thanks. Did they email you to upload ID or was it snail mail?
    I don't recall that they wanted ID. 

Have a look at the thread from last October.  Several refs and comments there about Ulster's slowness and the complete lack of initial comms.  Some examples:

• mr_accountant
    mr_accountant Posts: 798 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2023 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Applied yesterday and was provisionally accepted, also filled in the switch details at the same time, gave me an application reference and something along the lines of we'll send an email witin two days.

I'll see what happens but my switch is for the 17th of March from TSB, hopefully TSB will give the £125 by then!
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Applied yesterday and was provisionally accepted, also filled in the switch details at the same time, gave me an application reference and something along the lines of we'll send an email witin two days.

I'll see what happens but my switch is for the 17th of March from TSB, hopefully TSB will give the £125 by then!
    I think if TSB receive Switch request you might not get the £125
  • mr_accountant
    Options
    35har1old said:

I think if TSB receive Switch request you might not get the £125
    I think the cass takes 7 days, so tsb won't get the request until 10th march and I've met all the t+c's 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback