yougov.finance bribe

Options

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have registered a few banks on yougov finance but having problems with Lloyds, asks me to call branch 

Any ideas ?

Thanks
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    Has anyone actually cashed out of the cash option? Just trying now and getting an `oops something went wrong` message.
    Yep, less than 3 days from linking accounts to cash in bank account.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone actually cashed out of the cash option? Just trying now and getting an `oops something went wrong` message.
    Yes I did so yesterday.
    Still waiting for the money to arrive in my account.
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 January 2023 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Just added 43 accounts :o
    Quite a palaver with all the different authentication methods, even card readers - looking at you RBS and Ulster banks :(
    Lets see how many points I get B)
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Quite a palaver with all the different authentication methods, even card readers - looking at you RBS and Ulster banks :(
    If you do your banking with apps, and use biometric login, it's plain sailing.
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Band7 said:
    Have you tried using Natwest's biometric login? I certainly wouldn't call it plain sailing, more trying to cross the Atlantic in a small rowing boat with a hurricane.
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 January 2023 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Band7 said:
    Have you tried using Natwest's biometric login? I certainly wouldn't call it plain sailing, more trying to cross the Atlantic in a small rowing boat with a hurricane.
    I use the iOS version of their app all the time, along with the RBS and Ulster ones, which are much the same. I can't say I have encountered any issues with them yet, touch wood. 

I think you might mean the transaction authorisation, rather than the login? I have heard there are issues with that - but when adding the accounts to yougov.finance, I wasn't asked for any transaction authorisation.
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Band7 said:
    Band7 said:
    I use the iOS version of their app all the time, along with the RBS and Ulster ones, which are much the same. I can't say I have encountered any issues with them yet, touch wood. 

I think you might mean the transaction authorisation, rather than the login? I have heard there are issues with that - but when adding the accounts to yougov.finance, I wasn't asked for any transaction authorisation.
    You may well be correct, I remember being driven up the wall by Natwest's facial recognition nearly a year ago after spending about quarter of an hour trying to send £1 to myself, which ended up involving a bicycle light and me having to go into the garden. I know I did need to use it to verify a transaction but can't remember if I used it to log into the app itself. I use android though and the phone itself cost less than £30 so it could just be that my phone is to blame or that it works better on iOS than android for some reason.

Either way I have since reverted to using passwords and card readers and linking Natwest and RBS to YouGov with the card reader was simple enough for me.
  • pecunianonolet
    Options
    Do they pay only for current accounts or also for basic bank accounts (avoiding hard search)?
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Band7 said:
    pafpcg said:
    qsk said:
    Anyone had success to add a TSB account? Always end up in error for me in multiple attempts.
    After an initial attempt on Wednesday to add all my TSB accounts and getting an error message, I tried again yesterday (Thursday) and successfully added my current, regular saver & credit-card accounts.  What I didn't try to add were a joint current and several EasySaver accounts - perhaps joint current accounts are not allowed?

But the one I'm really waiting for is:  Virgin Money!
    It would be fantastic ii Virgin was working. yougov.finance should be reminded that they are missing out  B)  on data about all the current range of Virgin current and savings accounts. You can raise a support request on https://yougov.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

To make it easy for them to understand, you can attach an image to your request - e.g. a screenshot of what we see when we try to add Virgin.
    Yes, I've done that!  Once again it seems to be fallout from the decision of Clydesdale Bank PLC to trade as "Virgin Money" but to maintain the two distinct systems for the banking operations (ex-Clydesdale/Yorkshire Banks) and the savings operations (ex-Virgin Money/Northern Rock) - Yougov's supplier, TrueLayer just haven't got their minds round the fact there's more than one online system at "Virgin Money"

Additional issues: 

Checking the reward points - there's no obvious route to finding out what rewards points have been awarded.  For others like me who have spent ages going round in circles, you won't find it in Yougov.Finances - you have to login under Yougov.com, then click on "My Account" and then "Account history".

Points awarded:  It looks like all my credit-card accounts have been rejected - perhaps not surprising as I've never ever used my First Direct or HSBC credit cards and the TSB credit card hasn't been used for a couple of years at least.  But I have been rewarded for four sets of 100 points which I assumed relate to one savings account at First Direct, two at HSBC and a regular saver at TSB.  All but one of these savers are dormant.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure