Options

Comments

• Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    MikeJXE said:
    Does all this opening bank accounts to get 50 points have a negative effect on switching for much larger rewards

Surely the more bank accounts you have the less there are to switch to ? 
    Think you are confusing opening a bank account (not usually rewarded) with switching from one account to another (with reward). Switch rewards are not generally dependent on opening a new account. 
     So what you're saying is  if I have bank accounts A B C D I can switch A to B and C to D and get 2 rewards, that to get the reward you can switch an account you have  to another account you have ? 

I have 3 bank accounts my main one I won't switch and 2 others I opened that I switched 2 dummy accounts to and claimed 2 rewards.

My main account is Santander, if they offer a reward can I also switch one of the other accounts to them and claim the reward ? 
    It entirely depends on the respective switch offer terms. Some require you to open a new account, some offer the switch bonus for switching to an existing account. There are no hard and fast general rules - you have to examine the T&Cs of each and every switch offer.

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bridlington1 and Band7

Thank you for your views, much appreciated 
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    noh said:
    Just had 16200 points arrive for the accounts I added yesterday.
    £150 to be redeemed.
    Do your 47 accounts add up to this number? Are they all "active" (with recent transactions)?
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    qsk said:
    Anyone had success to add a TSB account? Always end up in error for me in multiple attempts.
    After an initial attempt on Wednesday to add all my TSB accounts and getting an error message, I tried again yesterday (Thursday) and successfully added my current, regular saver & credit-card accounts.  What I didn't try to add were a joint current and several EasySaver accounts - perhaps joint current accounts are not allowed?

But the one I'm really waiting for is:  Virgin Money!
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pafpcg said:
    qsk said:
    Anyone had success to add a TSB account? Always end up in error for me in multiple attempts.
    After an initial attempt on Wednesday to add all my TSB accounts and getting an error message, I tried again yesterday (Thursday) and successfully added my current, regular saver & credit-card accounts.  What I didn't try to add were a joint current and several EasySaver accounts - perhaps joint current accounts are not allowed?

I tried on Chrome today and it worked. Not sure if it was a glitch yesterday.

You added regular savers? I thought they are excluded?  
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    qsk said:
    pafpcg said:
    qsk said:

I tried on Chrome today and it worked. Not sure if it was a glitch yesterday.

You added regular savers? I thought they are excluded?  
    TSB seems to be a bit of an odd one out on this one. Bizarrely it appears their regular saver can be linked, but savings pots can't. I haven't the faintest idea why this is the case, but then again TSB don't tend to be very logical on the technical front.
  • Band7
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    pafpcg said:
    qsk said:

It would be fantastic ii Virgin was working. yougov.finance should be reminded that they are missing out  B)  on data about all the current range of Virgin current and savings accounts. You can raise a support request on https://yougov.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

To make it easy for them to understand, you can attach an image to your request - e.g. a screenshot of what we see when we try to add Virgin

• Band7
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Anyone with multiple Monzo accounts? Do they each count for 500 points?
  • kipsterno1
    Options
    Has anyone actually cashed out of the cash option? Just trying now and getting an `oops something went wrong` message.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    YES sometimes you do get oops but normally no problem, if it persists delete cookies 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback