We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Progress not Perfection
Comments
-
The epic journey to the vets is done ✔️ 25,018 steps although there’s a Zumba class thrown into that mix which usually averages around 6,000 steps in 45 minutes.
The vet said the dog is in good shape for her age. She has cataracts so some sight loss but that’s normal for a dog her age. The check up, booster and flea/worming treatment is included in the pet plan but I had to pay £20 for her meds prescription. Picked up the young cat’s flea/worm treatment while I was there. Ordered the dogs meds online so that was another £60. That will last her 3 months so not too bad.Got £24 back in BnQ for the returned paint so that mostly offset the £31 I spent in BnM.
After all that walking I was glad to jump in the bath for a soak. We were out of the house 4 hours in total!
Did the energy saving hour 6-7. We are £753 in credit at the moment. That should stand us in good stead for the colder months. I’d managed to convince myself that the meter readings were being wrongly calculated by the smart meter but we’ve recently had it upgraded and read by an actual person so that’s alleviated my concerns. Booked a free electricity hour for 12-1 on Sunday.Will shortly be putting my feet up with a G&T. Just need to clear up the kitchen first.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
That’s a super balance to be taking into the winter months - well saved! I would have had similar but I withdrew a few times over the summer. I decided it was better off in my bank than theirs so I hope I don’t live to regret that. We have £300 credit in ours and still being as energy savvy as we can be.
After all those steps, I hope you stay awake long enough to finish the G&T 😂.PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
2 -
I have managed to accrue two hours on Sunday so going to do all the bedding and use the dryer.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x3 -
Excellent credit. I would have taken some back if ours had got that far. We currently have £347, which should increase by next month I think.
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 11.47
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 21 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up2 -
That is a lovely amount of credit, think we’ve got £200 which won’t be anywhere enough 🫠
That was an epic bet trip! Glad all well with the pets
DFD March 2025 (£35000 paid off)
FFEF £20000 saved
Currently treading water while having cancer treatment and trying not to dip into FFEF too much!2 -
Morning all, happy Saturday.
Nice relaxing start to the day with my book and a coffee.DD has gone to work so the plan is to give the house a good clean while she’s out of the way. I’d like to Make A Start on Project Pantry if I get time, determined to get this moving over the weekend. The garden is in need of a good tidy and some weeding but that might have to wait until tomorrow.
Yes @Dakota_Rose I fell asleep at 8.15 after a couple of sips of gin 🤣 I was shattered.
Today’s exercise will be dog walking and general pottering. I’m also planning to do another short yoga session when Mr SA gets up.
The £753 credit will go back down when they’ve taken last month’s usage off but it’s been hovering around £550 all year. The reason I don’t ask for it back is because once it cools down the heating will need to go back on all day as Mr SA is so immobile he feels the cold very easily.
Almost forgot the most important bit - pizza, Prosecco and Strictly tonight 🥂💃I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
I'm very envious of Project Pantry. Our understairs cupboard has a low ceiling, so no way to turn that into a pantry. I am planning on a BIG sort out & declutter of kitchen cupboards though, as even though I have tried to do this before, I still feel we have too much stuff we don't need & things not in the best place. Basically the kitchen is not the best design & layout. Took me several years to work that out, and all the big solutions would cost too much…lol
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 11.47
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 21 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up2 -
It’s more of a larder cupboard than a pantry @Makingabobor2 and I did use one of the shelves earlier this year to store tins etc but for some reason decided to move them back to the kitchen. The other shelves are full of assorted carp. I’m always sorting out the kitchen cupboards even though the kitchen layout was designed with my input 9 years ago. When it was first done I didn’t have enough stuff to fill the cupboards - that soon changed 😆
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
Ours was designed by previous owners, but it has taken me many years to decide its not quite right...lol. At first it just seemed great as it was more modern than our old one. But 20 years later it looks rubbish...lol. And also we used to have a utility room, which we don't have here, and it turns out I really miss it...lol.
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 11.47
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 21 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up1 -
Cats sleeping in crazy places! This is my two this afternoon. The young cat sleeping on top of a fence amongst bushes and the old cat wrapped up in Mr SA’s wheelchair cover 🤣
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪7
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




