We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Progress not Perfection

1…116711681169117011711173»

Comments

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,226 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Morning all. Payday eve.

    WFH today as Mr SA has the scan later this afternoon. Taxi is booked for 14.45. We're taking his wheelchair as you can guarantee there won't be any free at the hospital if we don't.

    What a grey damp miserable morning it is here!

    Mr M delivery arrived earlier, nothing missing or subbed. The delivery driver made me smile when his sat nav was talking to him from his pocket saying he'd arrived at his destination. He responded to it then said I'm not as polite as that when I'm on my own in the cab 😆

    Today's exercise plan is a lunchtime Power Punch class and Resistance Bands tonight. Might try and slot in a walking workout at some stage. I was very disappointed last night to find the Monday evening strength training and yoga classes finished last night. A reason wasn't given but you could tell the instructor wasn't happy about it. I'm going to still do a strength training and yoga class on Mondays but they'll have to be via U Tube or FitOn.

    Tonight's dinner will involve tofu and stir fried veg.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    I got ours in Arg0s. If he has strong feelings about it there are a lot of different portable toilets on the market now that could be disguised easily enough.

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,226 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I've just had a letter to say I can apply for my State Pension and I've applied for it so I now feel officially old. The plan is I will claim my state pension when it's due and drop down to 3 days a week at work. Then wait for Cr@pita to sort themselves out before retiring fully. A friend retired in March and has only just received her work pension. She had to constantly chase up Cr@pita who 'couldn't find' her forms. She eventually got her MP involved. She's really happy she eventually got it but angry they kept her waiting so long and all the chasing she had to do.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 4,975 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    That's a good way to do it, 3 days a week will be manageable and still give you some time away from Mr SA but also give you more time to yourself. Will you tell Mr SA you are only doing 3 days, or say it is 4, so you can still have a day out every week?

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys September £97.40

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  441/2026
    Books read    23 in 2025.  2026- 20 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,226 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    He knows I'm cutting my hours and I wouldn't want to commit to having to be out on one of the days I'm off. He needs to realise that there will be occasions when I want time to myself.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.