We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Progress not Perfection
Comments
-
I managed to get an hour in my hanging chair to finish my book this afternoon. It was so lovely and peaceful. Really enjoyed this particular book The Memory Garden by Rachel Hore, pure escapism. Now started something a bit grittier by Martina Cole. I like to mix my genres 😆
Talking of books I think it’s time to contact my book swap friend as I have a good pile for her.
Did a bit more garden tidying and watered some plants that seemed a bit dry.
Attended quite a few virtual WW live workshops on the app today, some really motivating ones especially the one talking about the starfish story and how small changes can make a big difference, which really resonated with me. I can’t change how Mr SA is but I can focus on the things I can change 💪When I joined WW 24 years ago I was going through a lot of stress with Mr SA (surprise surprise) and DS being a typical teenager, the one thing I could control was losing weight, I only lost 15lb but it made a big difference to me because I’m very petite and I’ve kept it off by attending the workshops, in person until Covid and now virtually.Trying hard not to think about being back in the office tomorrow 😭 although I could do with going to Lid! on the way home so that’s what I’m focusing on 😆
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪5 -
Late September and it's still nice enough to sit out of doors, reading. 😊
Focussing on what you can change is the way forward. It's so easy to see the problems and let them get in the way of possibilities, but if you turn it round and look at the options, life widens out a lot. I have a feeling you are a very able woman and will find lots more you can change.
Hope all goes well on Tuesday. and they can help find the way forward. Your readership will be waiting to hear!
I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)
Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/224 -
Afternoon all.
Worked in the office this morning, WFH this afternoon.
Stopped off at Lid! on the way home and claimed the free dairy item (a large pot of fat free Greek yoghurt) and a free sweet bakery item for Mr SA courtesy of the 🐙app.
Got the old cat's blood test results back from the vets and all is fine apart from slightly raised globulin which suggests an infection. That ties in with what the vet I saw last week said as she thought the cat might have cystitis. I've to take her in next week for them to do a urine test involving them extracting it via a needle 😬They were really pleased with all the other results given that she's 16.
Monday finance check done, only a tiny balance on the cc so will leave that until the mid-week check. Halfway through the 4 week budget period and all going well. No oddments for the Christmas pot. Just waiting for payday now.
Mr SA should be getting his new scooter tomorrow afternoon. We might be out as he has his scan tomorrow afternoon but the scooter shop said to leave the side gate open and they'll deliver it anyway. So it looks like we'll have to get a taxi to the hospital tomorrow. Even if the new scooter arrives in time, it might not be fully charged and it's just over an hour's walk to this particular hospital.
Today's exercise has been walking to/from work and it's strength training at 7.15 then yoga at 8pm.
Tonight's dinner is a portion of veggie lasagne from freezer stocks with salad.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪5 -
So sorry to read about the latest going on’s but 🤣 at the offending item landing on Mr SA’s head. Glad new scooter is coming tomorrow and hope all goes well at the hospital. Xx
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.2 -
Would it be worth getting a folding commode chair for your downstairs? You can get bags for them so you don't have to clean out the pan.
3 -
I bought a commode for when we were having the bathroom done, it turned out the bags were more expensive than the commode itself. It was worth every penny.
3 -
Thank you @WelshmansDaughter @badmemory 🙂 He has a commode but took it outside for when he gets caught short in the garden. He could really do with bringing it inside though.
I didn’t know you could get bags for them so thank you both for that info 👍
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
I got both bits on that long river place otherwise I probably wouldn't have realised. They are always keen to sell extras. So glad I did as I am not sure I would have been at all happy to ask DS to deal with it without.
1 -
Looking back I think I would have gotten more than one and just kept them folded up where they were needed.
ETA or gotten one of the fancy ones that look like real chairs.
1 -
I'll look into the folding ones as the one we have is on loan from Red Cross and very obviously a commode which is why he's loathe to have it in the house.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

