We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Progress not Perfection
Comments
-
Morning all.
Not a very relaxing start to the day as I didn't wake up until 6am, although I did manage to do some Spanish and read a couple of chapters of my book so not all bad.
The old cat has blood tests at the vets this morning so is nil by mouth and hassling me to death for food. I can't even feed the dog yet as she'll steal her food. The taxi is coming at 8.30 so as soon as the cat is secured in the carry basket I can feed the dog. I had to feed the young cat outside.
Today's exercise plan is strength training at lunchtime and Zumba tonight. I'll try and sneak in a walking workout at some stage to get my steps up as I have a pretty full on day with work and won't have a lot of free time.
It's the park volunteers group meeting at the pub tonight. I was determined to make the effort to go but my heart keeps sinking every time I think about it. We'll see…
I ordered the new PON book ages ago and that's due to arrive today. Just what I need another cookbook 🤣
Last night I finished off planting the bulbs. I'm glad I spread that task out as I didn't realise just how many there were. Provided they all come out we'll be awash with spring flowers (in theory).
I also managed to swap over another bag of clothes. You may think goodness how many bags of clothes has this woman got but they are in small zip up bags which makes them more manageable for me to fit onto the storage shelf at the top of the wardrobes. I used to put them in bigger bags but struggled with the weight and trying to squeeze them into a narrow space so the small bags are ideal. I put like for like in each bag so tops in one, dresses in another, etc. This makes it easier to swap them over when the seasons change. I do have way too much stuff though sometimes I feel like slinging the lot and starting again.
Tonight's dinner is a new recipe from an old Mr T magazine sweet potato, peanut butter and chickpea curry. I have loads of sweet potatoes that need using. I'll swap out the rice for a mini naan bread as I had rice last night.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪8 -
What a day this is turning out to be!
Took the cat to the vets ok but couldn't get a signal on my phone to book a return taxi as the vets is in the middle of nowhere. They offered to call one for me but I didn't have any cash on me. Managed to finally get a signal and the taxi app wouldn't work. I was resigned to starting to walk home or at least to somewhere with a better signal when I finally got on the app and booked a taxi. It took ages to arrive!
Mr SA took the dog out on his scooter and was gone ages. I was in the middle of a work meeting taking minutes when he phoned to say his scooter had broken down on the very steep hill around the corner from where we live. Made my excuses to the meeting and set AI to transcribe it. Picked the dog up from Mr SA and brought her home then went back to him. I couldn't push it up the hill so we managed to get it to the bottom of the hill where he phoned the breakdown recovery to rescue him. Came back home and managed to log back on to the work meeting.
Mr SA eventually came back home in a taxi provided by the breakdown place. It was a huge taxi that could fit in his scooter and had a ramp. The scooter was on charge all last night but was showing flat battery. I wish he wouldn't get himself into these scrapes, he was only supposed to be taking the dog on the park across the road, I don't know why he ended up where he did! He knows this particular hill is tricky to get up.
I've had to rearrange the dog's vet appointment tomorrow to the following Friday as I don't trust the scooter going all that way even though Mr SA insists it will be fine after a good charge. Hopefully by next Friday he'll have the new scooter.
Jeez 😞
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪6 -
Oh what a day! He does get himself into some scrapes. It sounds as though that big hill would require an awful lot of battery charge. Hope the new scooter turns up on time & has got a lot more ooomph.
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!1 -
Cripes, well done you for dealing with another nonsense.
Don't chuck the clothes, once you've retired you'll have more time to list things on vinted and get some extra money into holidays pot 😊
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty4 -
Thought on to take a photo of tonight’s curry before it disappeared 😆 This recipe is definitely a keeper, absolutely delicious. I didn’t have any spinach so used frozen green beans. Very filling so I’m glad I didn’t bother with the rice,
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪9 -
Love your colourful dishes.
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys September £97.40
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 23 in 2025. 2026- 20 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up2 -
I bought two in different colours from B0yes a while ago. Only I'm allowed to use them 😆 Having said that they're too small for Mr SA's portions anyway.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
Afternoon all, happy Friday.
Well my week of WFH has sadly come to an end 😞Not looking forward to going back to the office on Monday.
Had a manically busy morning work-wise.
Mr SA's courtesy scooter has gone for repair. The fuse has gone apparently. No courtesy scooter provided.
I had an 🐙code for a free coffee from Gr£ggs so had a walk out this morning to pick it up. Mr SA wanted a coffee and bacon roll out of his spends. Had to take a detour on the way back as I pass a little independent shop that does bacon rolls and felt bad walking past with a Gr£ggs as the owner had already waved to me from across the road despite me never going in there.
Today's exercise plan: walking to Gr£ggs (done), Zumba (done), strength training at 5pm and yoga.
End of week finance check done, cc balance paid off, no oddments to send to the Christmas pot.
Lid! have sent me a coupon for a free dairy item and £5 off £50. I won't be utilising the £5 off £50 voucher, I think I've spent enough in there recently 😆
Tonight's dinner is a portion of aubergine ragu from freezer stocks with pasta.
I've had a glance through the new PON book and I've spotted quite a few things I'd like to make and also a few Mr SA would like. Pleased with it so far anyway.
I'm going to swap over another bag of summer clothes later, doing it in small stages seems to be making it less daunting.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪6 -
Happy Saturday 🥂
I’ve been to the big Mr T this morning and was very happy to discover the toilet rolls I buy there are half price 🥳 I grabbed two packs, there were only four left on the shelf. Tempted to go back tomorrow to see if they’ve restocked and pick up two more. Worth the trip at that price.
Mr SA is already fed up of being housebound. He’s not having much luck with scooters at the moment.
I’m having my nails done at a different salon later today. I’ve been thinking of trying this particular one as it’s so difficult to get an appointment at my usual salon. The different salon is a bit cheaper and does nail art which the usual salon doesn’t. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone trying somewhere new but I’ll never know if I don’t try.
Today’s exercise is lots of walking. Back off out in a bit to drop off some donations to the charity shop.
Tonight’s dinner is beetroot burger with salad and wedges. I’m looking forward to leftovers of that delicious sweet potato curry for lunch 😋I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪5 -
@Sun_Addict if you have the MrT app, you can choose the store and search for the items you are interested in to check stock levels - might save you a wasted trip.
When is Mr SA likely to get a replacement scooter?
Fashion on a ration 2025 0/66 coupons spent
79.5 coupons rolled over 4/75.5 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases
One income, home educating family1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




