We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Progress not Perfection
Comments
-
Thanks for that. I’ve just checked and they only have 21 packs left. I’m not surprised as it’s good quality and usually £5.80 a pack so £2.90 is brilliant.
Mr SA called the scooter shop and they’re going to call him back on Monday. I hope it’s not too long before he gets a replacement 🤞I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪5 -
Mr SA insisted on going out with his walker and the dog 🫣 I had no choice but to go and supervise. Oh my days it was like being tortured. He was painfully slow and the dog wasn’t much better. Took forever just to get to the park across the road and we never made it on the park itself just the outskirts of it. That was the best part of an hour of my life I’ll never get back!
After that took 4 bags of donations to the charity shop so that’s a load of clutter gone. Bought a lovely little plaque from there saying Hello Autumn for £1.
Spent the afternoon tidying/cleaning with a bit of gardening thrown in. Mr SA was busy doing something involving some bricks he found behind a bush.
Really pleased with my nails. Glad I made the decision. I’ve had a builder gel overlay with a colour. I’ll need to go back in 4 weeks to have an infill and colour change. The young woman who did my nails was very nice and co-owns the salon with her husband. The card machine was down, I didn’t have any cash on me, so she said come back to pay another day but I insisted on going to a cash point and coming back to pay.
After that had a bit of a yellow sticker bargain frenzy in a couple of shops, obviously a good time for them (6pm).
Really enjoyed Strictly tonight. Some great dancing to say it’s the first week.I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪6 -
Morning all
Well the evening took a downward spiral after my post. Mr SA had what can only be described as a poonami episode and left a trail of 💩in the hall and on the stair carpet. I had to get him cleaned up in the bathroom, then clean the bathroom followed by cleaning the hall and stairs carpet. He went to bed while I sorted everything out. For some bizarre reason he threw the shorts he was wearing out of the bathroom window so they now need to be retrieved from the extension flat roof 😞
After that I sat reading my book for a while to calm down.
I know you shouldn’t compare but this morning I had a quick look on FB to see photos of friends enjoying Saturday evening out and there was I cleaning up 💩Anyway…
The plan for today is to put a colour on my hair, cleaning, decluttering and gardening. I’ve chosen 12-1 for the free electricity hour so will get a few things charged up, do some washing, make soup for work lunches and cook lunch.
No doubt Mr SA will want to attempt to go out on his walker again and I somehow need to retrieve his shorts from the extension roof 🫣Money wise it should be a NSD.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪8 -
Sorry to hear things are so difficult. Lobbing pooey shorts out of the window when they can only be retrieved, with difficulty, by you must have been the unwanted icing on a very unpleasant, time-consuming incident.
Sending sympathy. I don't know how you do it.
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!4 -
Sorry your evening was so tough. Hope today is better. Good luck retrieving the shorts!
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee2 -
SA I really don’t know how you cope you really do have it tough big hugs
2 -
Sorry to hear about your evening going downhill. I know I couldn't do what you do daily. Hope today is less stressful.
Life is an adventure, never stop exploring.3 -
Sorry about the 💩episode. From memory you do not have a downstairs toilet so is the issue he cannot get to the bathroom in time? Horrible for you but upsetting for him too no doubt which is why he threw his shorts out of the window out of embarrassment, anger? I expect his brain injury affects his logic/cognitive reasoning and of course he does not need to deal with the consequences. You do. I know you do not have much choice but to get on with it but you are wonderful to get on with it without much complaining and very little thanks from Mr SA no doubt. Difficult not to compare too I should think.
Do you get carers allowance or do you earn too much? Getting away from Mr SA every so often must be a lifeline and it is a shame you do not get to do that more often.
I hope today goes better for you.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Save £12k in 2026 Challenge £12000/£10,000
365 day 1p Challenge 2026 £667.95/£600.31
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php4 -
Oh no. Sounds like you had an awful evening. I really don't know how you cope. I know I wouldn't. Hope Mr SA is better today.
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys September £97.40
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 23 in 2025. 2026- 20 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up3 -
That sounds horrendous. You must still be jangling after that …
Sending hugs x
Any ideas on how to retrieve the garment (safely!) …?
KKAs at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




