We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Progress not Perfection
Comments
-
I think that's a great way to do it SA. Going part time will help Mr SA get used to change and not forgetting you too. You are so used to being full on pretty much 7d a week that to go from full to zero might be a shock to the system. The smaller drop first will also let you see how things go with Mr SA and what strategies work best before you're at home full time with not much 'escape'.
3 -
Afternoon all.
Payday 🎉 Money shuffling done. CC balance cleared. Regular savers money in place waiting for tomorrow. Oddment of £4.29 sent to the Christmas pot.
Did a 7.30 live Yoga class then caught the bus to work. Dropped off 2 bags of textile recycling in Primani, several pill blister packs in B00ts and picked up the W@itrose paper and food magazine.
Worked in the office until just after lunchtime then walked home via Lid!.
It's really warm and sunny this afternoon, I had to take my jacket off on the way home.
Today's exercise plan: yoga (done), walking home from work (done) and Zumba at 6pm.
Doing the electricity savings session 6-7 so I need to make sure Mr SA is fed before then and I've cooked my dinner ready to reheat when I've finished Zumba.
Tonight's dinner is the first recipe I'm trying from the new PON cookbook - Korma style cauliflower with coriander rice.
Cashed out £16.22 from TCB and £29.67 from PA. I've got a lunch out with friends next Friday so I'll earmark it for this. I'm thinking about booking the day off so I can have a wander round the city centre first.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪6 -
Yes, the weather has been lovely today.
Good idea to have a day off
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 11.47
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 21 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up1 -
Glad hospital visit went smoothly. Lol to the nurse and your response
Great that new scooter is there and approved of by cat, dog, and Mr SA!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Oh I did smile at your tale of the nurse thinking you were absconding with Mr SA....& your response!
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!2 -
Morning all. Happy October 🎃
WFH today. Still up at the same time so I had a lovely relaxing start to the day.
Did a short yoga session from the FitOn app.
All the regular savers have been fed. Final payments for a couple of them maturing next month. An oddment of £9.93 has gone to the Christmas pot.
Have booked my Mr M Christmas delivery slots!!
October is going to be a very busy month:
- 2nd - the dog's annual check up at the vets
- 8th - the old cat's urine extraction at the vets
- 9th - lunch out with friends
- 15th - call with Pension Wise
- 15th - Mr SA has another hospital appointment (I think this one is with the consultant to look at results)
- 16th - NW regular saver matures
- 16th - Hairdressers
- 23rd - another lunch out with friends
- At some stage I'll need to have my builder gel infilled and new colour put on
I was thinking about going to a fashion & fizz event at a local boutique later today but I don't really have time and I don't really need anything. I could do with a NSD today as there are quite a few spendy days coming up.
Today's exercise plan: yoga (done), dog walking later this morning, strength training at lunchtime, Zumba tonight.
Tonight's dinner is a portion of salmon from freezer stocks with roast sweet potato and steamed veg.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪3 -
That is a busy month! Is old cats appt an actual urine extraction or are you being polite about the vets bill 😁
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty1 -
No it’s literally a urine extraction 🤣 Most of the cost is covered by her pet plan but I’ll have to fork out £60.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪1 -
Ah well at least you'll have a classic joke to soothe paying sixty quid 😁
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
I’ve never heard of that.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




