We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Progress not Perfection

1…10381039104110431044…1176

Comments

  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 10,686 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've always had a trouble with falling asleep watching TV. I always have to do something else too. The better the programme the more likely I am to fall asleep which can be a little annoying. It seems to be all about relaxation.

  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I watched I Swear this weekend too, it was good!

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,294 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    ’I Swear’ is on my list to see but can’t work out how to watch it via Prime without paying an arm and a leg.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I agree with FG's comments. I don't know how you stay awake. You are up early and on the go all the time.

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 11.47

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  441/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 21 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,253 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Have you got Netflix, it’s included with the subscription on there?

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,294 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,294 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    So glad that you have found a way to get some time back in your day.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Hope the meeting isn't too painful, that's a long time to have to concentrate!

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.