PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge- 1st Quarter 2023

Hi All

Welcome to the Old Style Weight Loss thread for quarter one 2023  :)   I'm afraid last challenge seems to have gotten away from us 😬

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st January until the 31st March

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge and importantly that includes being kind to ourselves  <3  . All hints and tips welcomed especially during the current time when we may be reaching for food or aren't able to buy our usual healthier choices.  

I'm sure ideas about cheap healthy meals and free exercise ideas will be welcomed at the moment 

Please send me your targets if you are setting one in either lbs or kgs whatever suits you but only in increments of 1/2 or 1  -  There is no requirement to provide a target or weekly weight ins and no one has to justify if they chose not to weigh in for any period of time

Anyone can join the challenge at any point over the next 3 months   :) 

All aboard and Good Luck  <3 
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 December 2022 at 9:54PM
    Thank you Brambling.
    I didn't have a loss target last quarter - simply wanting to maintain at the level I had reached in Q3.
    However, I've today returned from a 10-day holiday with food aplenty available and no access to scales (neither kitchen nor bathroom) and so expect a significant amount was gained.  I'll weigh-in tomorrow and decide on amount to aspire to.
  • I think I might join you for the coming 3 months.

I lost 1 stone between April and September last year, following a low carb way of eating, but a few pounds have crept back on since then. I need to get back on track and will aim for a loss of 7lbs for this quarter please.

• Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 December 2022 at 10:16PM
    Please may I join again ,
    Weighed this morning and the little I lost at the beginning of the last quarter has returned over Christmas!
    I would like to lose 11 lb please  Brambling
    I will be following mainly SlimmingWorld sort of 
    Thank you for running this Brambling 
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 December 2022 at 10:30PM
    Welcome to 2023 challenge Wicked_lady and welcome back General

Looks like we crossed posts SSue welcome back 🙂

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Hello

Could you please put me down for 14lbs for this quarter Brambling, many thanks.

I’m back aboard for the long haul. Fed up of yo-yoing.  
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2024
    1st quarter -22lbs
    2nd quarter ??
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Hello I'd like to join.

Will aim for 14lb please

LLM :)
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback