PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge- 1st Quarter 2023

Options

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 December 2022 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Thank you Brambling.
    I didn't have a loss target last quarter - simply wanting to maintain at the level I had reached in Q3.
    However, I've today returned from a 10-day holiday with food aplenty available and no access to scales (neither kitchen nor bathroom) and so expect a significant amount was gained.  I'll weigh-in tomorrow and decide on amount to aspire to.
    Thanks for the "welcome back".

Got on the bathroom scales this morning and, amazingly, after ten days of what I thought was indulgence (chocolate and Christmas specific food), I weighed exactly the same as I did on the morning I left for my holiday.

Perhaps the lesson there is that, after training oneself to eat as sensibly as one can, it becomes in-built and we automatically self-regulate.  One retrains the mind.

However, that was 0.4 kilo more than at the start of Q3 of 2022 and 1.9 kilo more than the lowest figure of 2022 (end of October).  Nevertheless, all the time I had been well within the "healthy weight" part of the BMI scale.

So I think a 2 kilo (less than 5 lb) loss is all I should aim for.  Brambling, as most people go for Imperial measurements, please put me down for a 4 lb weight loss.  Thanks.

All good wishes for success in 2023 for all of us.
  • Hello, may I join in for this year? I need all the help I can get!!

I will weigh myself tomorrow but can happily put down my target as 28lbs please, that’s a realistic 2lb loss a week (hopefully).

Setting the intention of getting out more, eating more healthy veg and less cakes etc, fingers crossed!
    Frugal Living Challenge 2023
    Yearly Grocery Challenge :  £17.89/£2100
    Fashion on the Ration 2023 - 66 points
  • Miss_Behaving
    Options
    May I please join as I’m determined that 2023 is the year I lose my excess pounds stones and get down to a more reasonable weight!

@Brambling please may you put me down to lose 7 lbs for the first quarter?
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh, can I come back please, (*hangs head in shame*) I really lost the plot from November, a combination of my 50th, various outing with the kids, sadness and Christmas. I dread to think what I weigh but will braving the scales tomorrow, could I go for 14lb please Brambling, and thanks again for keeping us in line. Wishing you all a Happy Year to come x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure