Walking into another chapter ...

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,366
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy half term.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Happy half term xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,145
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Today has been a  housework kinda day so far - stripped my bed and washed it all, cleared the rest of the washing basket too, managed to get all the bedding out on the line for a couple of hours but have brought it in now as it looks like it might rain soon. Hoovered and mopped through, all rubbish has gone out, my bed has been remade, now I am going to make a coffee and  mooch on here for a bit with one eye on the football. 

I popped round to see Mum for a bit earlier, got an interrogation about "when are you going to start looking for a man" ... ended up telling her to mind her own business because if she knew the truth, that actually I have a few to call on when the mood takes me she'd be horrified but it works for me :)   
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £1044
  • I always feel so inadequate when I read your housework lists. My excuse is that I spend the week cleaning other people's houses and don't want to do it st the weekend. Then I remember that I hated doing it and just left it as long as possible yesrs ago when I had a different job 😆
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    So half-term is nearly done, I haven't got anywhere near as much done as I'd have liked - the cold I had last week has lingered and turned into a chest infection. I've been coughing my guts up all week, feeling light-headed and just generally bleurgh. I did manage a 6 mile walk with a friend but it was obviously too much as I came home and slept for 3.5 hours in the afternoon. My new fence panels arrived on Wednesday and ds and my neighbour put them up for me so that's a good job done this week. They do need painting but I'll wait until nearer Easter when the weather isn't so damp. Today the car has gone in to be fixed (boot won't open). Hopefully it won't be too costly but who knows ...
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    So the car came back - the boot is fixed but there was a bigger problem, the airbag system wasn't working. It needs to go back in a few weeks for a new something or other. Total bill for all the work came to £428  :s Feb and March are the two months 'off' from council tax so that money will be transferred to pay for this (£175 x 2), and I'll move the remaining £78 from my car fund. Ouch :(

Today ds and his mate have gone to the football so I have another day to myself. I need to go and see Mum for a bit, walk the dog, then potter and football. I am tempted to try a proper walk today but I know I shouldn't yet really. Last night I had a coughing fit and ended up being sick. I do feel improved today though, definitely less congested each day. 
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,613
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope you continue to feel better.  The football will have cheered you up today (unlike me 🙁)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Thanks Blackcats, yep finally a good result for us! Ds went to the game so isn't back yet, I'm pleased he managed to see a win though :)

• benbenandme
    Forumite
    What a beautiful day today! I did a lovely beach walk this morning, then came back and thoroughly cleaned / hoovered the sofa, then shampooed the downstairs carpet. Other than that it has been pottering indoors and football, chugging lots of water and sticking to my calories. Back on it yet again, I am sooo much more motivated when the sun is out though :)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Payday!! End of the month banking has been completed and I've got £15 left over :) BUT ... I have managed to pay all the car money this month, so £175 from the non-council tax payment this month and the rest I had left, so it's all covered and in March I will have the non-council tx money to put away somewhere else :)

All pots have been checked and updated as needed, all ready now for a new month and pots refilled (food, petrol etc). I bought my team at work a little pot of daffodils each for their desks today, spring is on the way :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport