Walking into another chapter ...

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,145
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy New Year one and all - I loved the fireworks last night, first time for a long time I've really enjoyed them. This morning I have been down the beach and done 11 miles, my knee is aching a bit as I haven't done it for a while so i'm going to have a bath in a bit. I've also been to Tesco (£20 petrol, £33 food), and got enough bits for this week. Ds is back from his Dads tonight, I will need to go and collect him from the coach station as the trains are as useless as ever. I need to take the Christmas tree down today too, it is being collected tomorrow. 
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £1044
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Ds has messaged me and he is getting the train so I won't need to collect him, I'm quite pleased as I'm really tired, I didn't go to sleep til around 1 and was up at 7, lots of fresh air and I'm almost ready for my bed already :)

I have taken the tree down and rather than just bung everything back in various boxes / bags I have done what I said and been quite ruthless with the decorations. Everything that was on the tree / put up this year was safe, then the remaining bits were individually assessed and lots have gone. Christmas decorations are really hard to get rid of because there is tonnes of room in the loft so space isn't an issue, then there is the nostalgia to take into consideration - all have various memories but some are past their best or just don't get used any more, so they have been separated and will be gone. Everything that made the cut has been organised and packed away neatly, a good start :)  
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    I let myself have £3 to play on a slots game, ended up winning £45  :)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    edited 1 January 2023 at 8:40PM
    Very pleased with day one - 12.5 miles done in total, my vitamins etc have been taken (forgot to mention them before, I had got out of the habit of taking them, I have: iron, magnesium, a pre-biotic and Vitamin D). I have gone under my calories today but had a good day - egg on toast for breakfast, cheddar and apple for lunch, chicken breast, rice and green beans for dinner then a small chocolate bar for a snack. The chocolate bar is no palm oil, vegan, less than 1% sugar etc, it means i don't crave more :) I've drunk 2 litres of water, 1 coffee and 1 tea.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for a walk and coffee in the morning, then just generally getting ready to go back to work.  
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,613
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You sound full of energy and plans.
    I'm with you on de-cluttering - it seems that at my house "stuff" keeps finding its way here and making itself comfortable.  My utensils drawer sounds just like yours, particularly the pesky potato masher. 
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    That walk clearly did me good, i had the best nights sleep I've had for months, according to my fitbit I slept for 9.5 hours :)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Met my friend for a walk, we walked down to the beach and nattered, it was absolutely beautiful down there today, clear blue skies and not too cold. Another 8 miles done, then home for some lunch. This afternoon i am going to be pottering, clearing up a few bits before I go back to work tomorrow, I'm actually not dreading it for a change, possibly becuase I know I have my new job starting soon.
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Another good day; lots of walking, 2 litres of water drunk, vitamins etc taken, calories stuck to - egg on toast for breakfast, spinach linguine with chicken breast and baby plum tomatoes for lunch, salmon, rice and peas for dinner and another chocolate bar for a snack :)

Early night planned, ready for back to school tomorrow. I'm hoping to go for an early walk before walk, fingers crossed it's not raining in the morning. 
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    £24 from some free spins :)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
     No walking today, it was chucking it down with rain before and after work, in fact I think pretty much all day. That's okay though, plenty of time to make it up :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport