Walking into another chapter ...

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,930
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I am with you in the clutter. I got quite inspired by minimalism a few years back. Was ruthless with my stuff, unfortunately hubby is definitely not into it. But with the bigger house he has a room for all his stuff and I have no input in what is in there. The only stipulation I had was room for a wall bed for when the in laws visit. 

I have actually started to buy Xmas decorations when we are on holiday as a keepsake. I am a fan of the very uncoordinated tree, and Xmas is the inky place I allow clutter.

I have also gone through my kitchen drawers this week. I had three drawers of 'stuff'. Everything now organised so I can actually find it, all batteries bagged up according to type, a few kitchen utensils gone, and all the Chopsticks (we do use them quite a bit) sorted into actual pairs! It's such a nice feeling isn't it?!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,144
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Not much to report today - a good day at work, not much walking again, I need to make up for that this weekend, water drunk, calories stuck to and an early night ahead :)
    Mortgage Total: £56,397 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £0
  • Drawingaline
    Forumite
    Well done on sticking to the calories. I haven't managed that, had to finish up the last of my Xmas chocolate 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Morning, the walking isn't getting done so far, averaging about 4 miles a day on work days. I had planned to catch up with a long walk along the beach this morning but it is blowing an absolute hoolie out there and it is chucking it down with rain, so maybe later ...
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Another thoroughly wet day here today so I am just not worrying about the walking, there will be plenty of opportunities later in the year as the weather improves and it's lighter. I have been to M&S and collected a parcel - a set of oven trays / roasting tin that was in the sale and a dress for work reduced to £12, I will try it on later and see if it's any good. 

Now I am getting a few bits done for work as tomorrow is going to be another crazy busy day so I want to get a few bits and pieces out of the way first. I am also going to make some soup - I did a gammon in the slow cooker yesterday and have some leeks and also need to use up some chicken breasts today, so various meals or soup combinations ahead :)

A bit of footie later, a nice hot bath and overall a lazy but chilled day planned x
  • ThisLife
    ThisLife Posts: 71
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    With you also on the clutter, especially the kitchen drawer. So much in there we never use and it gets jumbled and caught when closing the drawer, very annoying. My hubby never wants to throw anything away. Might just start secretly decluttering in the kitchen today, more than likely he'd never notice anything was missing  :D

You sound very organised with a good plan! 
    Debt at LBM July 2017  - £42,002 (cards & loans) + £37,421 (2 mortgage consolidations)
    Car bought in Dec 2020 - £12,500
    Total Debt - £54,502  (£91,923 including mortgage consolidations)

Total Debt Jan '23 - £19,061.56 (credit cards) + £20,562 (mortgage consolidations)

Consolidated debt onto my mortgage twice in the years before LBM, so it's all consumer debt. Just focusing on clearing card debt first and letting the additional mortgages reduce with the monthly payments.

DFD (credit cards) - December 2024 (24 months) 🤞🤞🤞

My Diary - Head Up, Keep Positive, Eye on the Prize

'You can't go back to the start and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.' C.S.Lewis
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Morning, so I woke up early with the intention of going down the beach to blast away the cobwebs but once again it's chucking it down, in fact it sounds like I live in a washing machine. So once again the steps aren't being done but so be it, I will catch up at another point.

I have done a ten minute whizz round downstairs while I was waiting for the kettle - everything is away in its right place downstairs, later on I will hoover through and clean, do the bathroom etc but other than that it's not too bad, the washing basket looks like it needs some attention later on too.

For now I'm going to have some laptop time to mooch :)
  • Drawingaline
    Forumite
    It was bad here this morning (we are about 45 mins East of you I think) but has really eased this afternoon. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    It has dried up here now DrawingaLine but it's Saturday afternoon and that means football :)
  • benbenandme
    Forumite
    Morning all, another burst of energy from me this morning - second load of washing is on, bedrooms have been tidied and dusted, all rubbish and recycling has gone out to the bins and I have deep cleaned the bathroom - everything has been removed, all the tiles have been mopped / bleached, every nook and cranny has been cleaned in there, just waiting for the floor to dry then I can start putting stuff back in. 

The rest of today involves visiting Mum, walking the dog, returning some boots to Sainsburys as they were labelled with the wrong size, maybe some banking checking later, and then more football :) Yesterday I made a chicken and ham pie so I can have more of that later for dinner and also made a chocolate cake so am sure I will manage some more of that too :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport