Jet2 claim for late flight

12346»

Comments

• kipsterno1
    kipsterno1 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 2 October 2022 at 11:50AM
    They seem to be agreeing lots of claims right now even ones they have previously refused. I do wonder if the fact BBC Watchdog have been on their back has helped any 🤔
  • I started correspondence in June 5th and went through the normal lengthy delay in return correspondence. Had the standard lengthy rejection in September, I responded saying "not true, sort it or legal action" (obviously more formal response) received acceptance from Jet2 and offer to pay, key sentence being...

"In view of this and having carefully considered the matter again and the regrettable disruption you experienced, we are pleased to inform you that we have, on this occasion, taken the decision to pay you compensation at the applicable rate provided for by the Regulation."

Now, the next card they seem to be playing is to not actually pay. I have corresponded to them 3 times in regards to how they will pay (directly to original payment method, cheque etc) 
    As of today, I have given them a final 7 days to pay or respond or I raise an MCOL.

For those of you who have not gone down this route. I recommend you look into it on Gov.co.uk (just Google MCOL) , it will cost you £80 , but that then goes on your claim if successful. It took me 15 minutes to complete.
    I've saved my claim and am awaiting the 7 days now. If I get no response, I'll log back in, pay my £80 and see what happens. 

Compensation owed was for family of 4 to Rhodes - £1400

• Suzycoll
    Suzycoll Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I started correspondence in June 5th and went through the normal lengthy delay in return correspondence. Had the standard lengthy rejection in September, I responded saying "not true, sort it or legal action" (obviously more formal response) received acceptance from Jet2 and offer to pay, key sentence being...

"In view of this and having carefully considered the matter again and the regrettable disruption you experienced, we are pleased to inform you that we have, on this occasion, taken the decision to pay you compensation at the applicable rate provided for by the Regulation."

Now, the next card they seem to be playing is to not actually pay. I have corresponded to them 3 times in regards to how they will pay (directly to original payment method, cheque etc) 
    As of today, I have given them a final 7 days to pay or respond or I raise an MCOL.

For those of you who have not gone down this route. I recommend you look into it on Gov.co.uk (just Google MCOL) , it will cost you £80 , but that then goes on your claim if successful. It took me 15 minutes to complete.
    I've saved my claim and am awaiting the 7 days now. If I get no response, I'll log back in, pay my £80 and see what happens. 

Compensation owed was for family of 4 to Rhodes - £1400

Hi. Thanks for this info. I had an e mail 16th sept saying they will pay. Have had no payment yet. I was going to give them 4 weeks to pay out. May I ask when they said they will pay you & how long you waited before taking your action . Thanks 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback