We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

In the Meantime

1…4546485051…218

Comments

  • Four_Seasons
    Four_Seasons Posts: 959 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    I am so so very pleased for you x
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Woohoo. I so thrilled for you. 

    Hope the frogs get sorted in your favour
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    That is such fantastic news!  Hope it all proceeds smoothly :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • OMG OMG OMG! sorry - so excited for you! I remember vividly how thrilling and yet nerve-wracking it was when my offer was accepted... fingers and everything else crossed now that it all runs smoothly. It's a tense time, but keep on pushing through and good luck! 
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    well done - you've cleared the decks and you're on the final lap - just keep moving it forward - absolute focus on anything that needs to be done.  
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • excellent news. Remember to invite us all to the virtual housewarming 
    June 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb

    Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.

    Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Enjoy the massage  :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    excellent news. Remember to invite us all to the virtual housewarming 
    Thanks INOD :) If I actually move in, there will be a virtual house warming and a new diary as I won't be In the Meantime anymore. Fingers crossed...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • Congratulations 🥳 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.