In the Meantime

Options
doingitanyway
doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 29 December 2021 at 11:46PM in Debt free diaries

The meantime is the time between two events. The two events that bookend my meantime are a death and moving into my long term home.

In the meantime I will rest, practise self care and kindness. I will be planning and plotting for the next phase of my life.

My beautiful relative died and was buried the week before Christmas. I have been caring and supporting her since 2016, although it became more intense in the last few years.  I moved here to help care for her and now she has gone. I am living in her home so I need to move out by mid January, although I am trying to get that extended until the end of January. So far I DON’T KNOW WHERE I AM GOING. Gulp.

The financial shortfall between selling and buying is increasing.  Prices have dramatically increased. Inflation hasn’t helped. Alarm bells rang when I was forced to spend a small amount of the money set aside for my new home. I have found a way to put that money back, but a few financial frogs will need to be eaten to do this. It could have been worse, I have not paid rent for many months and my bills have been minimal. The search for a new home is becoming urgent, but I need to keep calm and not panic. 

In the meantime I can look back and see the riches this experience has given me. I had the privilege of being with her when she took her last breath. I have repaired many family relationships. I have taken good existing relationships with other family members to a deeper level. I now see my new long term home as a creative haven for me and a sanctuary for family (especially the younger ones) to rest and recharge.

I am in a strong position and I have the potential to create a fabulous life. I will begin building that new life In the Meantime.

I hope you will join me.

If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
Emergency fund 0/1000
Buffer fund 0/200

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills