We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

In the Meantime

1…177178180182183…218

Comments

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hope the pain levels remain low.  Lunch at a favourite restaurant with a friend is a lovely thing to look forward to after the MRI.
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    The MRI’s are hard. I could not move after my last one & needed assistance to get off the scanner. The shame. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hope the MRI went okay and the time with the friend compensated for it. Hope you get the pain under control soon.

    Good news that you are able to put the savings back.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 17,183 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hope you're having a fantastic time at the restaurant and savouring every bite.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear 31/12/2029.
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 544 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Gosh I hope your MRI was less than 90 minutes
    I have one every year for a brain tumour but never more than 30 minutes
    Other half has a full body one every 3 months due to damage caused by cancer but still never over 45 minutes
    I don't think I could do 90 minutes as I am claustrophobic and OH couldn't either due to bone damage meaning he could not lay still for that time
    Hope it went well
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad that your MRI is done. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Debsnewbudget
    Debsnewbudget Posts: 975 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    A distraction technique I use at the dentist is to start at 100 and count backwards in 7’s in my head, generally by the time I get into the 40’s I have to start again  100, 93, 86 etc 
    Good luck
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glad the MRI went well.  I had a tooth extraction last year, and it was a dentist I was unfamiliar with so I was very worried as like you, I'm very anxious about visiting the dentist generally.  It was very straightforward and a relief to have it done.  I hope you have an equally good experience.
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.