We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

In the Meantime

1…104105107109110…218

Comments

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Reading (anywhere) is definitely my happy place :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • Reading is good, to learn, escape or know there's time just for you.

    Hope the frogs were tamed.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear 31/12/2029.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,294
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I love reading always have done. I love how you can get lost in a book. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I use the credit club on here too. Never had an issue.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Enjoy your day meting friends , always a good activity. 
    Life is an adventure, never stop exploring.

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Have a lovely day, and well done on tackling those frogs!
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee

  • Did lots of life admin, washing and organising this room. I try hard but it is very small and I have lots of stuff so it is an ongoing battle.

    I know exactly what that is like DIY.  ☹️. I have the same problems with the rooms in my flat. It's always storage that's the problem.....
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Can any of it go into vac bags for easing up space?

    Enjoy your day out and catch up.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear 31/12/2029.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.