We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2022 - Moving forward

1…107108110112113…192

Comments

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Today's PAD - £2
    Jan - £126
    Feb - £106
    Mar - £136
    Apr - £122
    May - £113
    June - £108
    July - £75
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Morning everyone, DH is out, and the kids are still asleep which is unheard of!

    I have been up early and opened everything up to let the cool air in before we roast later.  I've put a gammon in the oven before it gets too hot and we'll have that later with salad.

    I'm listening to an audiobook while I'm pottering and have done 14 x listings and packed one parcel.

    I've got my shopping arriving this morning instead of tomorrow.

    Have a good day everyone :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Oh wow well done you. You have been very productive today so far.  I've had a very lazy morning in comparison. Feeling hot here too. Slightly nervous really about the weather as not sure our buildings are set out for this and I'm gonna have such a sweaty face at work this week.
    Enjoy your day
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6687 (Sept 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hope DS improves soon. 

    Well done on being so productive.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Oh wow well done you. You have been very productive today so far.  I've had a very lazy morning in comparison. Feeling hot here too. Slightly nervous really about the weather as not sure our buildings are set out for this and I'm gonna have such a sweaty face at work this week.
    Enjoy your day
    Thank you, a productive morning, but this afternoon will consist of doing precisely nothing!  
    I'm a little bit anxious about this week too.  I'll go into the office as long as they have the air con on, otherwise no chance.  I know I'm lucky to have that choice!  The nights bother me more than the day, I'm not looking forward to them.

    Hope DS improves soon. 

    Well done on being so productive.
    Thank you :) He seems much better today thankfully.
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    We've had our gammon and salad so that's me done for the day now :grin:

    The house isn't feeling too bad at the moment, but it is rather warm.  I have to have all the doors and windows open, I can't keep them shut, as it feels too stuffy without it and we get a nice through breeze.  I have kept the curtains closed though in the sunny side of the house.

    This afternoon I shall mostly be decluttering books :grin:
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • Glad the little one seems to be improving .
    just a thought ; Is it worth wfh tomorrow/ tues as the journey itself may be an issue ? 🥵


  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,238 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Who do you get your shopping from jwil?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glad the little one seems to be improving .
    just a thought ; Is it worth wfh tomorrow/ tues as the journey itself may be an issue ? 🥵


    Thank you :)  I am wfh today, due to be in the office tomorrow and Wednesday.  I'm going to check whether the office air con is on, otherwise I'm not going in.  The journey shouldn't be too bad as my car has air con, and it's not too far.  I'll see how everything is today though before I make a decision!  Good thinking though.

    beanielou said:
    Who do you get your shopping from jwil?
    Tesco mostly, but occasionally I get one from Iceland too.
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,927 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Today's PAD - £3
    Jan - £126
    Feb - £106
    Mar - £136
    Apr - £122
    May - £113
    June - £108
    July - £78
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.