2022 - No Craft Spending - I WILL bust my stash and make pretty things!!!!!

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ❤️ the collage 🤩
    Is it possible to keep the thread and change the title to reflect the New Year. I think this will attract more followers. 

I'm going to work out my colours and make a colour chart for the temperature blanket today. I was given a small wicker hamper at Xmas. It looked great untill I took the food out and the basket was obviously well used . I would like to revamp it to store the wool etc for the blanket. I was thinking of spray painting it. Does anyone have any experience of what's best to use.

Happy crafting xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Tiggermad
    Tiggermad Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think plumduff's suggestion of an updated title is a good one. I think craftingmad would be able to do it as author?

Lovely to see the collage of pics.

As always, I start each year determined to craft more  :lol: so I'll see how i get on this year. I'm currently making a mini album with handmade envelopes as a seed holder/organiser for a friend whose birthday is in March and she's a keen gardener. Plus a post it notebook in matching paper. I've also two hard note books to decorate for a friend's birthday but that's not until November!

Plus I have a Lilliput Lane cross stitch I've been making for my mum, as she collects the china but that's been going for 5-6 years due to complexity so maybe this year might be the year. Her birthday is also in November so have time .....

And a hanging wooden heart decoration that needs repainting to match a friend's kitchen (would be a present for her October birthday). Mmmmm, I'm sure I have other UFOs around as well. 

Happy crafting everyone and looking forward to seeing all your makes this year  :)
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Personally, I'd prefer a complete new thread - I find a huge number of pages offputting, when, e.g. I'm looking for how many I said I'd do and it's page 68 - or is it 79? type of thing and it may be confusing for anyone wanting to join in this year.
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
     Love the picture collage.

No experience of spray painting wicker,sorry. I have spray painted other things though (metal and leather) and just used spray from my discount store and they have been fine. 

I have researched a temperature blanket and am hooked on the idea. definitely on my to do list. When I have used my stash up obviously. Hahahaha.

I  have done no crafting for about a week. perhaps it's because I am making myself do UFO's.

Vx
     :
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    emsi_b said:
    @emsi_b you've peaked my curiosity-what are popcorn pouches? Sorry to hear of your bad fair experiences too-I've been there! No fun! 
    The microwave popcorn pouches are a lined pouch with a foldover flap- very straight forward to make, and then pop a quarter cup of corn kernels in, 2-4mins in the microwave (until they're mostly popped, 2 secs between pops). I put sweets, corn kernels and hot chocolate sachets (and instructions!) in the pouches :) I didn't take any photos, but have a spare to make for my son, so will take a photo of that when it's done.
    wow this sounds really interesting! Love to see a photo of your last pouch when you are done!

Here is the pouch! Adding it in here and in rhe new one, JIC
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills