PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Charity Shopping - New to You in '22!

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Brie said:
    I'm going to be a good girl and wait. Patience is a virtue and all that....
    I always think that Patience is the name of that prissy girl wearing too much lace and with ribbons in her long ringletted hair that is forever snitching on someone when they do something she doesn't like.  
    Wasn't that Violet Elizabeth Bott in the William books? Or Nellie Oleson in Little House on the Prairie?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Oh aye, Nellie Oleson. Wasn’t she a hateful little madam! 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 December 2022 at 5:42PM
    Options
    I had a chaz-tastic afternoon - went for a walk in the sunshine and although I didn't need anything but couldn't resist dropping by the ones I was passing. Yield: a couple of brooches for £1.50 each, a good sized weekly planner for £1 and a well-insulated coat for £3 which I will get very good use out of when the others have past their prime. I'll post a pic once it's been laundered. Nowhere near as funky as yours I'm afraid @Potternerd , but will work great for wintry walks.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I always loathed Nellie Oleson too and would have slapped Violet Elizabeth Bott if I'd been William.
    Our mother taught us this rhyme when we were small:

Patience is a virtue,
    virtue is a grace,
    and Grace was a little girl who never washed her face!

No outings for me today as I'm resting after yesterday's exertions but am having a think about what and where to donate next week as I've bought a lovely new Stellar pan set in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

Food 

Food for all is a necessity.
    Food should not be a merchandise, to be bought and sold as jewels are bought and sold by those who have the money to buy.
    Food is a human necessity, like water and air, and it should be available.

From Pearl S. Buck's To My Daughters, with Love.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback