NST October 2021: Fit for Purpose

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 2 October 2021 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Reading - read my festive book yesterday and finished it today (The Housewife Assassin's Killer C'mas Tips). Am on to the third book in a series (bought the first 10 at a bargain price and was enjoying it a lot but got stuck on the 6th or 7th - lost track of the alternate / parallel universe storylines). Am ready to restart (from the beginning) and getting through them at the rate of 1 every 1 or 2 days. Have read most of my library books but will probably renew online in case I don't get to the library on Monday.

I've ordered the redelivery of a parcel - card said it looked like no-one was in, we both were. Put unopened seed packets back in order and boxed. Did a check through of my embroidery projects - need to crack on whilst there are a few hours of strong daylight. Went out to the shed to collect drinks (finished off the remains of 2 bottles of water and some decaff coke overnight) and moved two more edging stones near to the gate whilst I was out  (no problems with what I did yesterday, stupid cough tearing at my chest).

Stopped raining later on so have dug out a channel and put a line of edging stones around the curved corner bit at the side of the path. Dug out the remaining shrub roots, reused pieces of weedproof fabric to cover the area, arranged the decorative stones, put in the rock roses and the ground cover rockery plants. Still a bit of soil on the pavement but it's very wet (scraped up as much as I could) and the two spades I was using were clogged up. I'm happy with it, mum is delighted (she didn't know I was outside - for over 3 hours). Had decided these could go in without a cement bedding layer as the roses wouldn't have liked it.

Asked if I could have McD's (delivered), mum said yes. Put the order in and put myself in the shower (scrubbed off as much soil as possible in the kitchen first). Put a clean dress on, collected my food at the gate, locked up and collapsed in an armchair to watch Strictly. Messaged DS3 and came on here to check in (laptop should go off at 9 pm). More reading next until I fall asleep.

Gratitudes - sorting the 'rockery area', easy food, lots to drink.

Found a pack of C'mas cards whilst going through the file box checking embroidery patterns, so will make a start on getting those written.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Buffy, you get to wear the Lycra and wave pompoms this month!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback