UK Passenger Locator Form want single QR code NHS Covid Pass generates two

edited 24 September at 12:20PM in Coronavirus Travel Help & Info
42 replies 7.4K views
NSG666NSG666 Forumite
707 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 24 September at 12:20PM in Coronavirus Travel Help & Info
This morning I used the NHS app to generate a Covid Pass. This has 2 QR codes, one for each of the two jabs.
Wanting to do a test run of filling in the Passenger Locator Form for returning to the UK I got to the point Verify Your Vaccination Status and read the following:

If you have been fully vaccinated in the UK, you can scan a document or attach a file showing your NHS COVID Pass to verify your vaccination status. If you do not have a QR code, or you are unable to scan it to verify your vaccination status, select 'No' below and continue. You will be able to verify your vaccination status at the UK border if this applies to you.

You must scan or attach a file with a single QR code, and it must be the QR code proving that you have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations. If you scan or upload a file with the incorrect QR code, or that has multiple QR codes, you will not be able to verify your vaccination status.

I didn't try to see what happens with the NHS covid pass but this reads to me that the UK Government site is asking for info in a format the NHS Covid Pass does not produce.

I thought a few months back the NHS app just generated one QR code but I might be mistaken.

Has anyone come across this? Is it possible to use the NHS app info?

Thanks
Sorry I can't think of anything profound, clever or witty to write here.

Replies

• isplummisplumm Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just returned from Spain - I scanned in the QR code & it just came up with an error message - I ignored it & had no probs. Just make sure you have proof of double vaccination with you - it will be checked by the airline - coming through Southampton, no one asked for the UK Locator form.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • R3ddersR3dders Forumite
    74 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Second that.  4 of us tried individually tried uploading last Sunday whilst in Spain and it wouldn't accept it.  Whilst at airport others said the same.  Went through with no issues.  Don't worry about it and enjoy the holiday.
  • edited 24 September at 6:01PM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September at 6:01PM
    I third that ! Just did my passenger locator forms today, it wouldn't scan my COVID document and it said to just confirm instead that I will produce it when asked at the appropriate time. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • NSG666NSG666 Forumite
    707 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for clarifying there is a simple solution.

Damn frustrating though that billions of tax payer's money will have been spent creating systems that are incompatible though.
  • MakeandsaveMakeandsave Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting your replies, I am due to go Spain 7th so i will now know not to panic if this happens.
    Jan Wins: .
  • michael1234michael1234 Forumite
    405 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Same problem happened to me. However, when I got back to the UK airport, I failed the E-gate check and had to join a queue to be checked manually. I obviously don't know but assume it failed because of the vaccination proof check failure the day before.
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    42.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the code from the second vaccine, that is coded to say it’s the second of 2 vaccines.
    Usually found at a vaccine centre 💉
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • edited 25 September at 7:28AM
    onashoestringonashoestring Forumite
    677 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 25 September at 7:28AM
    Agree with @silvercar the QR from the 2nd vaccine is the one that meets the requirements.

“You must scan or attach a file with a single QR code, and it must be the QR code proving that you have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations.”

@NSG666 if you try another test run with the 2nd code please let us know if it works .
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    silvercar said:
    Use the code from the second vaccine, that is coded to say it’s the second of 2 vaccines.
    Agree with @silvercar the QR from the 2nd vaccine is the one that meets the requirements.

“You must scan or attach a file with a single QR code, and it must be the QR code proving that you have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations.”

@NSG666 if you try another test run with the 2nd code please let us know if it works .
    I tried both codes and neither were accepted for the form. The first time I tried I automatically assumed I should use the 2nd dose QR code and only tried the 1st one  when the 2nd one was not accepted. 

2 couples  who did their forms a day earlier than me had already warned me that none of their QR codes were accepted, so I was pre warned hence trying the code for the 2nd dose first, just in case theirs had been a glitch the day previous. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • NSG666NSG666 Forumite
    707 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the additional contributions and for the clarification on the vaccine 2 QR code not working. I'm not due to fly for several days but at least now I can print out the Covid Pass, ignore that bit of the PLF and rest easy that there won't be a problem at the airport.

The only 'issue ' now is what test will be required when I return on the 20th. I suspect it will still be the PCR but I'll order them as late as possible before my return having already established where I'll buy either the PCR test or Lateral Flow depending on what is required by then. I'm not asking for clarification btw as we just don't know at this stage so any answers will be speculation.