IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options

Comments

• Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KeithP said:
    @Coupon-mad did ask you to confirm it, but I am going to assume that 28th June is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form.

With a Claim Issue Date of 28th June, you have until Monday 19th July to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's nearly four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
    sorry yes - the Issue date is 28th June
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KeithP said:
    @Coupon-mad did ask you to confirm it, but I am going to assume that 28th June is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form.

With a Claim Issue Date of 28th June, you have until Monday 19th July to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's nearly four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

thank you very much - I will follow the instructons
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am concerned I can't fight this because I ignored the Debt Collector letters and it's been so long!

You haven't read anything yet, have you?

If you think ignoring debt recovery unregulated bully letters is a problem you really need to re-read my last reply and start reading. 

What do you think all the other zillions of perfectly-happily defended Roadchef threads are about, if not people who have ignored debt letters?
    I have read a lot of this now - I started this post because a friend who is a Solicitor told me to offer to pay because ignoring the communications would not wash well with a judge - I am not taking the advice and I am going to fight this after reading everything you have suggested
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    I am concerned I can't fight this because I ignored the Debt Collector letters and it's been so long!

You haven't read anything yet, have you?

If you think ignoring debt recovery unregulated bully letters is a problem you really need to re-read my last reply and start reading. 

What do you think all the other zillions of perfectly-happily defended Roadchef threads are about, if not people who have ignored debt letters?
    I have read a lot of this now - I started this post because a friend who is a Solicitor told me to offer to pay because ignoring the communications would not wash well with a judge - I am not taking the advice and I am going to fight this after reading everything you have suggested

Good!  Now you are getting up to speed!  Crack on with adapting any other Highview or CP Plus defence (both firms come under the Group Nexus name and neither of them use the POFA 2012 - their choice).

Your solicitor friend will learn from your experience as you fight this. 

Easy enough to do and you DO NOT offer to pay a stupid claim from a firm who cannot even hold a keeper liable (but your solicitor friend won't have realised that, as it's quite niche knowledge).

Now, please stick around regularly:

Do us and yourself (and the driving public) a favour and stick around on this forum every week - at least for the Summer - to ensure you see when the Government publish and open the final Technical Consultation.

We will be talking about it and the public will have about 4 weeks we think, to tell the MHCLG what you think about the level of parking charges, that the MHCLG has admirably decided already will start at £50 (50% discount) and not £100:

Outcome of 2020 Consultation (look what the public comments achieved so far):

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/parking-code-enforcement-framework/outcome/parking-code-enforcement-framework-consultation-response

Planned Summer 2021 additional Public Consultation:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-open-technical-consultation-on-fairer-parking-charges

It's not open yet but please keep check here to see when it is. 

We need real people like you to counter the spamming that happened last time from the industry.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi everyone..

I filed the AOS, and have complained to Roadchef (Luke Gross and Mark Fox)
    Sent an SAR to CPPlus/Group Nexus
    No replies yet but I have Mark Fox on LinkedIn and wondering whether it would be worth complaining to him directly on there - what do you think?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2021 at 1:00AM
    Options
    Did you file your Acknowledgment of Service before 20th July?

How is your Defence progressing?
    Remember, I said earlier...
    ...you have until 4pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 to file your Defence.
    Very nearly three weeks since I wrote that.
    Just one week to go.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    Hi everyone..

I filed the AOS, and have complained to Roadchef (Luke Gross and Mark Fox)
    Sent an SAR to CPPlus/Group Nexus
    No replies yet but I have Mark Fox on LinkedIn and wondering whether it would be worth complaining to him directly on there - what do you think?
    Roadchef play hardball and are more in love with their parking scammers than they are with real customers.   Use all social media to tell everyone if they are foolish enough to use RoadChef they could end up in court ?

Word is already spreading about RoadChef

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.roadchef.com

If you google "roadchef trustpilot" ..... you will see this thread on the first page

ROADCHEF ??? Houston we have a problem

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6280318/roadchef-houston-we-have-a-problem

Some CEO's just don't understand the power of the internet
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you complained to your MP?  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 July 2021 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    It is worth complaining to everybody and anybody who can help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback