IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    Not a bad idea but not sure how it helps your defence position.  Your own witness statement and exhibits will have more evidential value.

I was thinking along the lines of saying to the judge that people sometimes need to stay longer than 2 hours if they are not feeling well, after all isn't that the purpose of a Motorway Services and Rest stop! - I suffer occasionally from migraines and they start with tunnel vision and can take a few hours to clear, and having had these tickets because of 2 such instances I put myself and others in danger going back on the road for fear of getting hit with a fine..
    Don't motorway service areas allow a longer stop if some payment is made?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, anyone can stay longer if they pay the £11-15 tariff inside one of the outlets.  Your point is that this was not clear and obvious.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 September 2021 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Yes, anyone can stay longer if they pay the £11-15 tariff inside one of the outlets.  Your point is that this was not clear and obvious.
    it wasn't clear and having gone back for a closer look it's £20 to stay longer than 2 hours - criminal.. also when I woke up in the car it was dark and that particular services has intermittent street lighting and the sign as you leave is covered by a bush
  • patient_dream
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    it wasn't clear and having gone back for a closer look it's £20 to stay longer than 2 hours - criminal.. also when I woke up in the car it was dark and that particular services has intermittent street lighting and the sign as you leave is covered by a bush
    Signs and visibility plays a big part for the judge so did you take pictures ?

Have you watched the ParkingEye video regarding Mr Bowen QC ?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78306189#Comment_78306189

ParkingEye lost and this was a service station. Listen to his reasoning

ParkingEye are far more powerful than CP Plus and DCBL put together

• Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 September 2021 at 11:41AM
    Options
    Elf2021 said:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78306189#Comment_78306189

I have photographs in daylight of the sign saying that they have intermittent street lighting and also a photo of the sign covered by a bush as you leave - but I probably should get some in the dark, I aim to go back and get a photo of the entrance roundabout where there are 3 ways for traffic to converge on the entrance, which when you are having trouble with your vision you are hyper aware of instead of reading signs - I will listen to the Parking eye video thank you
  • patient_dream
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    Elf2021 said:

I have photographs in daylight of the sign saying that they have intermittent street lighting and also a photo of the sign covered by a bush as you leave - but I probably should get some in the dark, I aim to go back and get a photo of the entrance roundabout where there are 3 ways for traffic to converge on the entrance, which when you are having trouble with your vision tou are hyper aware of instead of reading signs - I will listen to the Parking eye video thank you
    Pictures at night would be good. And don't forget what government says
    I suggest you don't mention your vision

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    IIMU that no other country charges for using MSAs, why us?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely the main defence was no keeper liability, as per usual with CP Plus?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    Elf2021 said:

I have photographs in daylight of the sign saying that they have intermittent street lighting and also a photo of the sign covered by a bush as you leave - but I probably should get some in the dark, I aim to go back and get a photo of the entrance roundabout where there are 3 ways for traffic to converge on the entrance, which when you are having trouble with your vision tou are hyper aware of instead of reading signs - I will listen to the Parking eye video thank you
    Pictures at night would be good. And don't forget what government says
    I suggest you don't mention your vision

The reason I mention my vision is because I had the startings of a migraine which I didn't have when I set off on the journey and that is why I stopped at the Motorway services to take some tablets and clear the tunnel vision before setting back off again.. 
    not because I normally have poor vision.. 
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 September 2021 at 11:12PM
    Options
    Surely the main defence was no keeper liability, as per usual with CP Plus?
    But I was the driver and if I have to submit a witness statement, won't I have to admit to that and explain myself to the judge?
    they haven't proved I was the driver, but I can't lie to the judge if they ask
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback