IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 March 2022 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Super breakdown of the hearing details. Wow, the Judge seems to have got hold of a good handful of short and curlies there!  Will you be party to the second hearing @Elf2021, or will you just await its outcome ..... and your costs award?

Will this influence how DCB Legal behave in future, or are they too leather-skinned?  Could tee them up nicely for a SRA complaint?

I wonder if this Judge has studied the DLUHC Code of Practice findings? 

Given the fob-off from Tracy Baitup, once you have the judgment and your costs award, I'd write to her and Luke Gross and give them a detailed account of the hearing (similar to your post above) and tell them to rethink their policy about how they treat their customers as the British justice system seriously disagrees with them!  See what they say.
    I remembered also that he said he planned to report them to the BPA, as he felt they would not be impressed with their behaviour!

Once I get the final costs award (will I get a copy of the judgement too?) I will be writing to Tracy Baitup/Luke Gross 
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is superb!

Which Court and which Judge?!
    Milton Keynes County Court  -  Deputy District Judge Simpson

The representative from DCB legal disagreed that the Aerial view of the Motorway services was the wrong one as he believed google maps brought up the same picture for both Watford Gap (S) and Northampton (S) - but the image they attached was Watford Gap (N).. the judge pointed out I was correct as he knew them well and said well spotted Mrs xxxx.. to which the representative disagreed with the judge!!! twice!! even as the judging was closing the call - silly boy!
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 March 2022 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Fantastic -  don't gloat too much to your solicitor friend who advised you to pay before you came here!!
    Actually that same friend came round to the process and helped me with exactly what to say and almost wrote me a script.. 
    Warned me to keep answers to a minimum.. even rehearsed with me questioning me.. also correctly predicted what I may get asked, so I was prepared when they tried to trip me up.. saying that the judge stopped me a couple of times saying that I didn't need to say anymore!

I think he had made his mind up before the hearing just from my Defence and Witness statements and their Witness Statement

Just proves - check pictures that they put in their Witness Statement... for signage they had added old images that stated £90 NOT £100 - and the judge called that out 3 times!
    The claimant had to admit it was a mistake! In the Witness Statement that they had signed to be accurate!
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 March 2022 at 12:20AM
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Super breakdown of the hearing details. Wow, the Judge seems to have got hold of a good handful of short and curlies there!  Will you be party to the second hearing @Elf2021, or will you just await its outcome ..... and your costs award?

Will this influence how DCB Legal behave in future, or are they too leather-skinned?  Could tee them up nicely for a SRA complaint?

I wonder if this Judge has studied the DLUHC Code of Practice findings? 

Given the fob-off from Tracy Baitup, once you have the judgment and your costs award, I'd write to her and Luke Gross and give them a detailed account of the hearing (similar to your post above) and tell them to rethink their policy about how they treat their customers as the British justice system seriously disagrees with them!  See what they say.
    I don't think I will be invited to the second hearing - he gave them a month to provide a further statement.. and I will just hear about the final decision I assume
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Question  - do you get something in writing about the decision and why?
    Never been to court before
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure